PDA

View Full Version : Steamers...upgraded wand, upgraded hose? NO SPITTING??

djstretch
03-23-2021, 08:12 PM
STEAMERS...are there any steamers that don't spit water, especially between uses when allowed to sit. I know the steam cools while sitting in hose but is there better/more insulated hoses. Is there any type of wand that diverts water or only allow steam vaper? I have a Karcher sc3 unit and would buy a better hose and/or better wand. Anyone got any advise?

sudsmobile
03-24-2021, 07:34 AM
I know my steamer, a Vapor Chief 100, spits water if it's not properly maintained. Not sure about your unit, but the boiler of my steamer has a water fill sensor inside the boiler that keeps the boiler from being overfilled. When the unit is not maintained, the sensor becomes covered in scale and allows the boiler to fill with too much water. When this happens, there's not enough room in the boiler for the steam to expand and the steam mixes with the excess water which causes the spitting. Once I get it all cleaned up, it returns to working normally.

sudsmobile
03-24-2021, 07:35 AM
Rereading your post, it appears as though you're talking about while using it between long periods of use. Mine doesn't do that but I would guess it's because the Karcher isn't heating it enough and the steam has a lot of water in it.

IH8SPM
03-24-2021, 09:19 AM
STEAMERS...are there any steamers that don't spit water, especially between uses when allowed to sit. I know the steam cools while sitting in hose but is there better/more insulated hoses. Is there any type of wand that diverts water or only allow steam vaper? I have a Karcher sc3 unit and would buy a better hose and/or better wand. Anyone got any advise?Have you changed the mineral cartridge lately? Try also running 2/3 water to 1 part white vinegar in the tank. You can use that mix yonvkwnthe internal parts of the machines while using somewhere on tiles or a bathroom. This should fix it. Also make sure the harness of the water is set correctly per the manual and adjust if needed and alway run it on the more steam setting.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Mike Hoekstra
03-24-2021, 09:46 AM
I own a Chief Steamer 75.