PDA

View Full Version : New (used) vehicle question about polish and wax

720pete
03-23-2021, 11:04 AM
I just bought a 2018 Subaru Impreza. No idea how it has been treated in the past, but the paint seems to be in OK shape. In the past on my much older vehicle I I used clay bar, then klasse polish. then collinite 476. I park the car outside 24/7 so it takes a beating with rain, pollen, snow, extreme heat and extreme cold. My main question is whether I need to use the klasse polish at all since this car is only a few years old. Can I just go at it with the clay bar and then use collinite or should I still do klasse? Or should I be doing something completely different?

Thanks.

Mike Phillips
03-23-2021, 11:39 AM
I just bought a 2018 Subaru Impreza.

The car is now 3 years old. Anything used in the outdoor environment - over 3 years - will tend to have a dirt film build on it. Been doing this a long time, trust me.

My main question is whether I need to use the klasse polish at all since this car is only a few years old.

Yes.

I'm assuming you're referring to the Klasse AIO, which is a non-abrasive cleaner/sealant.

The chemical cleaners in this product will gently remove any road film or previously applied waxes as well as any glossing or shine agents that have been deposited and accumulated onto the paint from simple things like washing (automatic car washes or do-it-yourself wash bucket washes), and even gloss enhancers from spray detailers.

The Klasse AIO will get you down to clean, pure paint. NOW your wax can stick better and thus last longer. Plus, the act of washing, claying and cleaning will restore a factory new appearance.

Don't skip the Klasse step.

:)

Mike Phillips
03-23-2021, 11:41 AM
More...

There are a number of articles I've written in my life that I share more than the rest, (I'm close to 1000 articles for context).

Here's one of the articles I share a LOT - as an effort to provide common sense education for the masses.

Road Film - If you drive your car in the rain your car has road film (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/72159-road-film-if-you-drive-your-car-rain-your-car-has-road-film.html)

Road Film

Road film is the oily film splattered all over your car when you drive in the rain.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2118/Road_Traffic_Film_02.JPG

Hope this helps and congrats on the new-to-you car. :xyxthumbs:

720pete
03-23-2021, 01:35 PM
The car is now 3 years old. Anything used in the outdoor environment - over 3 years - will tend to have a dirt film build on it. Been doing this a long time, trust me.

Yes.

I'm assuming you're referring to the Klasse AIO, which is a non-abrasive cleaner/sealant.

The chemical cleaners in this product will gently remove any road film or previously applied waxes as well as any glossing or shine agents that have been deposited and accumulated onto the paint from simple things like washing (automatic car washes or do-it-yourself wash bucket washes), and even gloss enhancers from spray detailers.

The Klasse AIO will get you down to clean, pure paint. NOW your wax can stick better and thus last longer. Plus, the act of washing, claying and cleaning will restore a factory new appearance.

Don't skip the Klasse step.

Yes thank you, I was indeed referring to the Klasse all-in-one polish. Bought a kit from Autogeek a while ago and was previously using the wax that came with the kit, but I decided to switch to Collinite because it seems a little more resilient than the Klasse wax. I decided to switch based on the fact that I'm parking outside in baking heat in the summer and snow and ice in the winter.