PDA

View Full Version : TONS of hair line scrathces/ swirls

grim
04-07-2008, 07:39 PM
hey guys i think i need to re polish but im not sure... i have THOUSANDS of tiny tiny scratches that you cant really see unless you stick your face up to them. I used poor boy ssr 2.5 with a yellow lakewood css pad with my PC 7424. then hit it with the ssr1 and an orange pad then their polish with carnuba and a white pad. where did i miss something to get these scratches polished out? maybe the ssr1 with a white pad? they are hair line scrathces that look like the affect of the really abrasive yellow pad and 2.5ssr. i believe it is micromaring

budman3
04-08-2008, 09:15 AM
If you are using Lake Country pads you really should only use SSR2.5 with the white and orange pads tops. A yellow pad is way too abrasive to use. I would suggest going over the vehicle once again with SSR1 and the white polishing pad and see what the results are like. Be sure to keep your pads clean as well. Check out the link in my signature if you need any tips for using the SSRs.

grim
04-08-2008, 10:05 AM
i only did the tail gate on my truck and stopped at that. i went over it again with the orange and ssr2.5 then the white and the ssr1 and its better but not perfect, thanks for the advice with the pads:righton:. !!!

lethalxls1
04-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Try the white pad with both polishes. I had the same problem with a different polish and this worked for me-its worth a try.