PDA

View Full Version : I think Im "done" with sealants... Any TRUE alternatives?

Pages : [1] 2 3

MrOneEyedBoh
03-21-2021, 06:57 AM
So I think Im going to say that Im done with sealants and waxes... Im tired of the staining on black plastics even though Im SUPER careful. I have dried wax spots on my truck that I dont know HOW they got there. Is there anything new out there thats worth using over sealants? Something that lasts a few months and that can be applied over the paint, if it gets on the plastics its fine etc. I will still use a spray wax at the end of the wash as always but looking for a base coat of something else.

I dont want to do a coating as I just cant get over NOT putting something on the paint after I wash. Plus the prep has to be super spot on, I dont have a garage etc.

Is there a sealant that doesnt stain black pebble plastics thats worth it?

MarkD51
03-21-2021, 07:05 AM
The WOWAs usually are problem free in this regard.
Either Ultima UPGP, or Otimum Opti-Seal. I'm sure there's others out there.

I really like the two I mention for ease of use, no staining like you say, can be used on the entire vehicle, plastic and glass, love them for Door Jambs and every other tight spot, under hood, trunks. Never no powdery residues to dig out after. They both last a decent reasonable amount of time as well, and give a very nice look and feel IMO.

MrOneEyedBoh
03-21-2021, 07:08 AM
Ive used them but never got much past a month or so, maybe I did it wrong?

MarkD51
03-21-2021, 07:10 AM
It was DaveT435 who turned me onto UPGP once, sent me a super "care package" some years back and he included a sample bottle of Ultima paint guard plus. I bought some right after!

Another great aspect, a bottle of either I previously mentioned last a long time.

MarkD51
03-21-2021, 07:13 AM
Ive used them but never got much past a month or so, maybe I did it wrong?

It's likely they don't bond and last quite as well when used as a topper over something else.

TTQ B4U
03-21-2021, 07:14 AM
So I think Im going to say that Im done with sealants and waxes... Im tired of the staining on black plastics even though Im SUPER careful. I have dried wax spots on my truck that I dont know HOW they got there. Is there anything new out there thats worth using over sealants? Something that lasts a few months and that can be applied over the paint, if it gets on the plastics its fine etc. I will still use a spray wax at the end of the wash as always but looking for a base coat of something else.

I dont want to do a coating as I just cant get over NOT putting something on the paint after I wash. Plus the prep has to be super spot on, I dont have a garage etc.

Is there a sealant that doesnt stain black pebble plastics thats worth it?

HOnestly, just coat it. Cquartz UK or SiC are both stupid easy to apply and use. From there if you want to "top it" after a wash, just simply use their Elixer or honestly, Wolfgang Uber Rinseless SiO2 wash mixed up as a detail spray. It's a great drying aid for wiping off spots of water you may have missed, etc.

It's really that easy.

MrOneEyedBoh
03-21-2021, 07:35 AM
HOnestly, just coat it. Cquartz UK or SiC are both stupid easy to apply and use. From there if you want to "top it" after a wash, just simply use their Elixer or honestly, Wolfgang Uber Rinseless SiO2 wash mixed up as a detail spray. It's a great drying aid for wiping off spots of water you may have missed, etc.

It's really that easy.

But the prep has to be spot on. Honestly I dont trust myself that much lol. Unless, again, something has changed and its NOT that hard...?

TMQ
03-21-2021, 07:53 AM
Sorry...but what is SIC?

Tom

MrOneEyedBoh
03-21-2021, 07:54 AM
Sorry...but what is SIC?

Tom

Hey good to see another Marylander here!

opie
03-21-2021, 07:56 AM
The prep is not that difficult either, just time consuming. Coatings are the way to go. If you still dont wanna try it...then give a SiO2 Silica Spray a try. Thats the next best thing to a coating.

TTQ B4U
03-21-2021, 08:23 AM
But the prep has to be spot on. Honestly I dont trust myself that much lol. Unless, again, something has changed and its NOT that hard...?

Prep isn't difficult unless you have used a polisher before.

Sorry...but what is SIC?

Tom

Newer CarPro ceramic product. Not sure if AG is selling it yet.

Mike Phillips
03-21-2021, 10:10 AM
Check out Dr. Beasley's 1201

Just wash and dry your car and then apply.

Stick a fork in in it and call it DONE!

https://youtu.be/f-oo_CQzHX4

:)

2black1s
03-21-2021, 10:12 AM
One word (actually four) to eliminate trim staining - Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax.

PA DETAILER
03-21-2021, 10:30 AM
If you want easy and take all the guess work out it....

BLACKFIRE HydroSeal, paint coating, spray-on coating, sio2 spray (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-hydroseal-paint-coating.html)

SAFE for All surfaces. And no staining of plastics.

MrOneEyedBoh
03-21-2021, 11:46 AM
Check out Dr. Beasley's 1201

Just wash and dry your car and then apply.

Stick a fork in in it and call it DONE!

https://youtu.be/f-oo_CQzHX4

:)

Thanks! have you used this - one thing I like about sealants and wax is that the surface doesnt have to be SUPER good. It can have some contaminants on it and the sealants seems to still bond/last.

One word (actually four) to eliminate trim staining - Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax.

hows the durability?

If you want easy and take all the guess work out it....

BLACKFIRE HydroSeal, paint coating, spray-on coating, sio2 spray (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-hydroseal-paint-coating.html)

SAFE for All surfaces. And no staining of plastics.

This is what Im thinking Im going to have to use...