PDA

View Full Version : 3d Aca 500 xtra cut Label Question

mosin55
03-17-2021, 07:36 PM
May seem dumb but this threw me off. I bought some new 3d aca 500 xtra cut compound, and I noticed when looking at it the bottle is different. My old bottle says "foam or wool pad". As well the directions on the back talk about using a foam pad. The new bottle says "Designed for wool.". Also, it does not say anything about a foam pad on the directions. I am trying to figure out if this is the same stuff or if I got the wrong thing. Could anybody help Thanks.

Mike Phillips
03-18-2021, 08:16 AM
May seem dumb but this threw me off. I bought some new 3d aca 500 xtra cut compound, and I noticed when looking at it the bottle is different.

My old bottle says "foam or wool pad".

As well the directions on the back talk about using a foam pad. The new bottle says "Designed for wool.".

Also, it does not say anything about a foam pad on the directions. I am trying to figure out if this is the same stuff or if I got the wrong thing.

Could anybody help Thanks.

Outside of calling Tunch and asking him what the changes are about, I'll take a guess.

Wool pads on rotary buffers cut faster and cut more efficiently and also cut much more cooler than any foam pad in the same situation.

This is a Professional grade body shop product and in body shops, when you need to cut paint, you don't mess around, you get int and get out. And the fastest, most effective way to remove sanding marks, (that's body shop work/detailing), is with a wool pad on a rotary buffer.

My other guess is that it will work fine with foam on an orbital, it's just tuned for wool on a rotary.

I've never been disappointed in any product from Tunch at 3D. I suggest taking the compound for a test drive for whatever you are planning to do with it, that is do a Test Spot and inspect the results. If it's doing what you want and need the compound to do with your choice of tool, pad and technique then move forward.

If not - then post back here. I've subscribed so I'll be notified when you reply to this thread.

:cheers: