PDA

View Full Version : Removing Pin Stripes

Z06-Goose
04-07-2008, 02:45 PM
A close friend of mine asked me to polish his 97 Suburban; give or take a couple of years, not sure exactly the year
Anyway, I looked at his SUV and the pin stripes are dead, discolored, faded, you name it. It looks to me like they're painted, and not vinyl
What can I use to effectively and safely remove them?
He told me somebody recommended acetone, but I'm a little apprehensive about trying this method

Can you guys point in me in the right direction here?
Thanks in advance...
~Goose

Z06-Goose
04-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Feed back please

ASPHALT ROCKET
04-07-2008, 11:50 PM
That would work but yake a long time, oven cleaner will remove painted pin stripe in no time. It should not hurt the finish, just dont leave it on there for a long time. I have done this several times with no ill effects.

Z06-Goose
04-08-2008, 12:31 AM
That would work but yake a long time, oven cleaner will remove painted pin stripe in no time. It should not hurt the finish, just dont leave it on there for a long time. I have done this several times with no ill effects.
Thanks. The thing is my friend lives out in the goonies, and I wanted to make sure I've got the right stuff before heading over there
I will first try to use a compound and a cutting pad to see if I can remove it that way...

ASPHALT ROCKET
04-08-2008, 01:09 AM
I would start there also, but if it doesnt go very quickly, i would move to the next option.