PDA

View Full Version : Griots Garage Rinseless Wash Question

Hermes1
03-14-2021, 02:34 PM
Anyone using GG Rinseless wash as a waterless wash and if so, what dilution do you use?

Klasse Act
03-14-2021, 03:35 PM
Someone posted it here and I forgot what it was but it was, I'm sure he'll come in. Whatever it was I tried it and thought it was too much product because it streaked a bit. Don't quote me but I think it was 16:1. I made a gallon so I poured out 16 ounces of distilled and added 16 ounces of product.

I'm wondering how 4-6 ounces to a gallon of distilled gallon would work[emoji848] I'm subscribed to this to see if I remembered the ratio correctly.

Do you like it as a RW?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

oneheadlite
03-14-2021, 04:07 PM
The Brilliant Finish Rinseless, or the Rinseless Wash and Wax?

For the Brilliant Finish, they originally only recommended the 128:1 for rinseless, but they’ve since updated to include recommending it at 6:1 for pre-soak, clay lube or waterless wash. (From the Q&A part of their site for that product).
I’ve used it at that ratio for pre soak quite a few times, and I use it for cleaning glass around the house (ok, full truth- my 6 year old does. That’s her chore on the weekend). I’m not much of a waterless washer so I haven’t tried it for that yet.

For the Rinseless Wash and Wax, it’s 15:1. I’ve used it at that for a drying aid as well as the product I reach for most often when cleaning the outside of my car windows. Also door jambs after a wash. Sorry, again not much help for how it performs as a Waterless.

Hope this helps!

Hermes1
03-14-2021, 05:33 PM
Someone posted it here and I forgot what it was but it was, I'm sure he'll come in. Whatever it was I tried it and thought it was too much product because it streaked a bit. Don't quote me but I think it was 16:1. I made a gallon so I poured out 16 ounces of distilled and added 16 ounces of product.

I'm wondering how 4-6 ounces to a gallon of distilled gallon would work[emoji848] I'm subscribed to this to see if I remembered the ratio correctly.

Do you like it as a RW?

Thank you. I do like it as a rinseless wash, have had excellent results with it.

Hermes1
03-14-2021, 05:36 PM
The Brilliant Finish Rinseless, or the Rinseless Wash and Wax?

For the Brilliant Finish, they originally only recommended the 128:1 for rinseless, but they’ve since updated to include recommending it at 6:1 for pre-soak, clay lube or waterless wash. (From the Q&A part of their site for that product).
I’ve used it at that ratio for pre soak quite a few times, and I use it for cleaning glass around the house (ok, full truth- my 6 year old does. That’s her chore on the weekend). I’m not much of a waterless washer so I haven’t tried it for that yet.

For the Rinseless Wash and Wax, it’s 15:1. I’ve used it at that for a drying aid as well as the product I reach for most often when cleaning the outside of my car windows. Also door jambs after a wash. Sorry, again not much help for how it performs as a Waterless.

Hope this helps!

Thank you. Sorry for not being specific - it is the Brilliant Finish flavor.

Klasse Act
03-14-2021, 05:59 PM
I know most of these types of washes can be used both ways but I've NEVER used N914 as a RW because it's so light in color and yes, I know this makes no logical sense but that's just me.

So when I do a WW its N914, RW's are Griot's Garage Brillant Finish RW, Echo, "Eve's better half", Turtle wax RW (I have 2 unopened bottles), etc.

dgage
03-14-2021, 06:11 PM
Klasse - Want me to send you a special batch of N914 Rinseless with extra food coloring? :D

Klasse Act
03-14-2021, 06:34 PM
Klasse - Want me to send you a special batch of N914 Rinseless with extra food coloring? :DNah, I've got plenty actually but maybe I should just try it once. I always double the ratio when making N914 as a WW too, never had an issue doing it either[emoji118]

CleanIT
09-16-2021, 06:31 PM
If I were to use GG RW for the interior, would the dilution ratio be the same as the regular wash ratio?

Klasse Act
09-16-2021, 06:51 PM
If I were to use GG RW for the interior, would the dilution ratio be the same as the regular wash ratio?I think if you were to make a gallon out of distilled water and added 1 ounce of solution you'd be ok. I've wiped down my interior before with a mf that was used during a RW and it came out nice (a cleaner square is always found)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

CleanIT
09-16-2021, 06:57 PM
Thanks Klasse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CleanIT
09-27-2021, 12:32 PM
This product continues to impress me. Used it as a QD in a 8:1 ratio. Fantastic results with no streaking. Cleans so well. I definitely put this above ONR. The difference in ease of use between GG RW and ONR is very noticeable with GG being easier.

I'd like to see a scratch test between the RW's, something similar to what The Forensic Detailing Channel did.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210927/9968bf8717849752266d909042fde72e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk