PDA

View Full Version : Iron/Fallout Remover

ChasKSC
03-14-2021, 11:42 AM
Hello Everyone,

So I'm planning to buy some Iron/Fallout remover. I understand all the brands out there have a very strong smell. I live in an apartment - and store my stuff in a closet, and I'm concerned with the smell from the bottle once the seal is opened and I start using it. Any tips/ideas on how to stop the smell? Thanks!

MisterSnoop
03-14-2021, 11:51 AM
I have the lemon scent Iron X in the basement in a large storage tub. My girlfriend has her TRX stuff installed nearby and exercises down there. She's pretty sensitive to smells and has never mentioned it. If you were really concerned, you could get an airtight container to put it in or OPSAK Odor-Proof Barrier Bags, which you can get in 12x20" sizes.

mwoolfso
03-14-2021, 12:33 PM
1. You cannot stop the odor
2. The odor is a byproduct of the stuff you are buying that will do what you want it to do
3. Once the bottle is opened and then resealed, it won't leak any scent
4. Whatever happens, the odor doesn't last very long

Shane731
03-15-2021, 01:41 AM
Blackfire Iron Remover. Extremely mild smelling compared to similar products, and cheaper as well ($21.99 for 32 ounces vs. $29.99 for CarPro IronX).

BLACKFIRE Iron Remover (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-iron-remover.html)

Bruno Soares
03-15-2021, 06:05 AM
I only buy 16oz at a time and use the entire bottle on a car. There’s no way I’m storing that stuff. Even a sealed bottle stinks.

mwoolfso
03-15-2021, 01:57 PM
I only buy 16oz at a time and use the entire bottle on a car. There’s no way I’m storing that stuff. Even a sealed bottle stinks.

I've used several products and not one ever leaked an odor; and I generally purchase gallons so they tend to stay in my inventory 2+ years.

Bruno Soares
03-15-2021, 04:38 PM
I've used several products and not one ever leaked an odor; and I generally purchase gallons so they tend to stay in my inventory 2+ years.

Maybe different nose sensitivity. I can smell iron x before opening the bottle. I have a mitt I use to spread the product and that mitt (after washed) is in a ziplock bag, in a sealed bin, in the garage. And when I open that it still makes me gag. Such an awful smell.

ChasKSC
03-16-2021, 10:40 PM
Thanks everyone! Looking forward to trying it out this spring.