PDA

View Full Version : Onyx ceramic and graphene coating

wakeel
03-11-2021, 08:52 AM
Hello all,

Has anyone used Onyx ceramic and graphene coating please? I am looking for reviews about the product.

Thanks.

Coatingsarecrack
03-12-2021, 05:35 AM
Never heard of it...... lot of marketing jumbo on website with no facts to back up their claims.

I would hard pass and get a coating from a reputable manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bolts
03-13-2021, 01:58 PM
Never heard of it...... lot of marketing jumbo on website with no facts to back up their claims.

I would hard pass and get a coating from a reputable manufacturer.

Would you consider adams polishes a reputable manufacturer? I tried their graphene coating and while it is a coating I cant tell if its any better than anything else out there or least cant tell yet only had it on for a few months.

Coatingsarecrack
03-13-2021, 04:34 PM
Would you consider adams polishes a reputable manufacturer? I tried their graphene coating and while it is a coating I cant tell if its any better than anything else out there or least cant tell yet only had it on for a few months.

From what I’ve learned from @TheGuz is that a big chemical company (B&B) that blends coatings for other companies bought Adam’s. Seems to be a lot of good reviews.

I’ve used their graphene spray coating and it was great.

Wouldn’t have a problem using and the UV light to help find high spots is a great idea.

bolts
03-13-2021, 07:03 PM
From what I’ve learned from @TheGuz is that a big chemical company (B&B) that blends coatings for other companies bought Adam’s. Seems to be a lot of good reviews.

I’ve used their graphene spray coating and it was great.

Wouldn’t have a problem using and the UV light to help find high spots is a great idea.

I wanted to try their graphene spray but heard it smells nasty. I get the impression that adams is like chemical guys with a bunch of products but I am liking that new swirl killer. Oh I do like their tire and rubber cleaner.

The Guz
03-13-2021, 07:45 PM

It is fine. They don't make their own coatings anyway. They do have a nice write up on their forum on how to maintain their graphene coating which also includes their graphene spray coating. They have a nice synergy to stay within the graphene product family. You will get the ease of use from their coatings.

Coatingsarecrack
03-13-2021, 09:42 PM
I wanted to try their graphene spray but heard it smells nasty. I get the impression that adams is like chemical guys with a bunch of products but I am liking that new swirl killer. Oh I do like their tire and rubber cleaner.

I had no problem with smell. No more than Cancoat or Moonlight