PDA

View Full Version : Rag Company Dry Me A River not drying anymore...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Icarus
03-11-2021, 01:19 AM
About a year ago, I bought a Rag Company Dry Me A River JR Navy Blue Waffle Weave Microfiber and only wash it with my microfibers using Chemical Guys Microfiber Cleaner and a little TideFree. I hang it to dry. Don't use it as much as I'd like as the weather is crap here all the time, so its not over used...

It won't dry anymore. I pull it over a wet car and it streaks and pushes the water all around but doesn't soak it up much like it used to. I've gone back to using my cheap chamois from CT.

I don't want to buy a Griots PFM cloth as they are about $60 + tax and shipping up here! not sure what else to do, any suggestions?!

The Guz
03-11-2021, 01:34 AM
Was it used with a drying aid?

May want to look into rags to riches.

Icarus
03-11-2021, 01:36 AM
Nope, no drying aids. I swap between ONR and Meguairs wash soap depending how cold it is.

Coatingsarecrack
03-11-2021, 04:48 AM
I would say a good soak in microfiber cleaner or ApC overnight.

If you can get P&S Rags to Riches like Guz mention i would do so. Worked well on MF towels.

If PFM’s are that expensive look for ant TWISTED LOOP microfiber towel from a vendor that sells where your at. It’s this type of weave that makes PFM’s work so great.

The PFM may be the cream of the crop but all others of this type have worked almost as well for me.

Both RtoR and TL MF worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill D
03-11-2021, 05:33 AM
I paid $40 for my PFM. Have they really gone up that much?

Coatingsarecrack
03-11-2021, 05:57 AM

Im guessing he’s out of the US. $40 is still alot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desertnate
03-11-2021, 08:17 AM
I've started to hit the same point with mine. I've owned mine for about 5 years now and I'm seeing they don't absorb like they used to. Glad to see the suggestions of possible cleaning products to revive them.

Jayfro
03-11-2021, 08:32 AM
You may want to try adding a cup of white vinegar to your wash loads, it really revitalized my MF.

This was discussed on another thread a month or so ago, I think it was the rag to riches by P&S thread. I use it on every other load and it really helped mine.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

MisterSnoop
03-11-2021, 09:32 AM
https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101-a/128183-how-revive-microfiber-drying-towels.html

Previous thread

PaulMys
03-11-2021, 06:55 PM

He's up in Ontario, Canada. I'm surprised the price isn't double.

I have never understood the insane price hikes between two of the most friendly countries that share the longest border in the world.

Crazy. :dunno:

57Rambler
03-11-2021, 07:36 PM
I have been wondering whether borax might be another effective booster to add in when doing MF laundry. Borax is known to boost the cleaning power of detergents, plus borax, when combined with water, will yield some hydrogen peroxide and thus some cleaning power of its own.

57Rambler
03-11-2021, 07:39 PM

I have never understood the insane price hikes between two of the most friendly countries that share the longest border in the world.

Tariffs. And the last few years brought more of them than ever, paid for by you and me. I read a recent article that estimated that tariffs added an additional $25-30K in lumber costs to the price of the average new home.

JDGolden
03-11-2021, 07:58 PM
Interesting advice that I plan to try. I have a Gyeon silk drying towel that has diminished drying power. Maybe I should try the rags to riches on it. But the PFM is new to me and it’s so good I’m not sure how often I’ll use it.

dgage
03-11-2021, 08:03 PM

I’m a consultant and I’ve been sent up to Canada several times for work. I’m assuming the US acts the same way but I don’t know for sure but the Canadian immigration people do not like people from the US going to Canada for work. They act like I’m taking a job from a Canadian and I simply tell them I’m an expert and there isn’t anyone available in Canada to do the job, which is why I’m being sent up to help a Canadian company, which will lead to them making more money for Canadians. But nope, they’ve threatened to send me back multiple times unless the proper paperwork wasn't completed in triplicate. They probably didn’t like when I didn’t beg to be let in and was rather like, well, I get paid either way. :)

I don’t know the source of the hostility but it is definitely there.

PaulMys
03-11-2021, 08:06 PM
Tariffs. And the last few years brought more of them than ever, paid for by you and me. I read a recent article that estimated that tariffs added an additional $25-30K in lumber costs to the price of the average new home.

And yet the lack of tariffs overseas makes everything cheaper in Walmart.......... Great plan. (For Wall Street).