PDA

View Full Version : Turtle wax ceramic spray durability

chenghe830
03-05-2021, 04:14 PM
Despite the hype on the internet, Turtle wax ceramic spray does not last more than one month on the horizontal panel here in Florida. Paint has been clay and polished prior application. I tested twice and got the same results: the hood, roof and truck lid barely bead after one month. But all vertical panel still bead very strong after one month. Does the coating affect greatly by heat and sun exposure? Car is sit outside 50/50 of the time. Does anyone has similar experience?

Hermes1
03-05-2021, 04:19 PM
Despite the hype on the internet, Turtle wax ceramic spray does not last more than one month on the horizontal panel here in Florida. Paint has been clay and polished prior application. I tested twice and got the same results: the hood, roof and truck lid barely bead after one month. But all vertical panel still bead very strong after one month. Does the coating affect greatly by heat and sun exposure? Car is sit outside 50/50 of the time. Does anyone has similar experience?

No experience with Turtle Wax but what you are describing is not uncommon among spray on waxes, sealants ceramic or otherwise. Some may last a bit longer, but in general the spray on variety are meant to be a maintain er, so plan on re-applying monthly or so.

PaulMys
03-05-2021, 05:40 PM
Bruce is correct.

That blazing FL sun is going to eat away at any LSP a lot faster than it would if you lived in the north.

Rsurfer
03-05-2021, 05:44 PM
No experience with Turtle Wax but what you are describing is not uncommon among spray on waxes, sealants ceramic or otherwise. Some may last a bit longer, but in general the spray on variety are meant to be a maintain er, so plan on re-applying monthly or so.

So if what your saying is true, than this must last longer:
TW HS 75th Birthday Ceramic & Graphene paste wax

SlvrDragon50
03-06-2021, 02:56 PM
Wait, Turtle Wax Ceramic actually lasts ~1 month? I'd be thrilled with that during winter! I always figured it would be gone after a week, but maybe I'd be washing my car way more often up here w/ salt and snow.

Hermes1
03-07-2021, 12:53 PM
So if what your saying is true, than this must last longer:
TW HS 75th Birthday Ceramic & Graphene paste wax

I am not familiar with this product but paste waxes and sealants applied preferably by machine, but by hand also works for most products will exhibit longer durability than a spray on product. This is not to say a spray on ceramic product is not a useful one, they can be applied over a previous waxed, sealed or coated vehicle for additional protection and as a stand alone product with the understanding it will need to be reapplied more frequently.

Don M
03-09-2021, 07:28 AM
Here in Ohio, the SIDES of the car took the beating. At the 7 month mark, the Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray was holding up excellently on the hood/roof/trunklid and the top 1/3 of the sides.

PA DETAILER
03-09-2021, 08:48 AM
I had no issues with durability in PA. Granted, i maintained it with the wet wax after washes.