PDA

View Full Version : Dr Beasley’s NSP Z1

NCCCOCrane
03-03-2021, 09:36 AM
Hey Mike! I used Z1 this weekend with Awesome results. It’s been raining here all night and in the morning my car had really tight water beads all over which looked cool. Since this is more of a water sheeting product than a beading product is this expected while the vehicle is stationary?

NCCCOCrane
03-03-2021, 05:14 PM
So I’m answering my own question here after speaking with Dr B. This product, like many they make has an ultra low slide angle. Meaning at just 2-3 degrees of angle the water will rapidly slide off. I tested this theory by lifting the hood up. Once I pulled the release knob and as soon as I could get my fingers under the hood to lift it the water was rapidly sliding off.

oneheadlite
03-03-2021, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the update!

It would be great if you could check back in once you’ve had it on the car for a while - there have been a handful of immediate impressions, but no longer term updates thus far (I know, it’s a new product, but I don’t think I’ve even seen any feedback or after a wash/rain/etc).

vobro
03-03-2021, 10:52 PM
Also would like feedback,not that impressed with the longevity of any of the good Dr’s products. They are from my area and would like them to be stellar

briarpatch
03-05-2021, 09:12 AM
Hey Mike! I used Z1 this weekend with Awesome results. It’s been raining here all night and in the morning my car had really tight water beads all over which looked cool. Since this is more of a water sheeting product than a beading product is this expected while the vehicle is stationary?

How was the wipe off? I've read it can be finicky

luckydice
05-31-2021, 09:39 AM
Never tried them but this got me curious.

DUBL0WS6
05-31-2021, 01:01 PM
For the price, I think the Mothers CMX 3in 1 ceramic with acrylic is a better buy. With the right pad the Mothers is a nice finishing polish.

luckydice
06-01-2021, 09:26 AM
What pad can you suggest?

Mike Phillips
06-01-2021, 10:43 AM
What pad can you suggest?

For a finishing polish, usually a foam "polishing" pad or "finishing" pad.

What are you working on?

What are you trying to do?

:)

oneheadlite
06-01-2021, 11:43 AM
NCCCOCrane - Any update on how the Z1 has been now that it's been on a few months?

DUBL0WS6
06-01-2021, 08:03 PM
Foam for the best finish and a Griots Fast Finishing MF pad for a bit more cut.