PDA

View Full Version : Coating for vinyl seats on UTV

04lss
02-25-2021, 01:50 PM
Hi all,

I apologize if this would be more appropriate in the marine or motorcycle forum. I am hopefully picking up a used side by side this evening. I dont plan to do mud bogs, but I know its going to get wet, dirty, dusty muddy etc. Its just the nature of the machine. I was wondering if there is a good coating i can use for the vinyl seats. My goal isnt so much appearance as it is UV protection and easing cleanup.
I plan to use the Griots spray ceramic coating on the pastics etc, because its easy enough to use, and should make cleanup better. (though if there is a better coating for UV / mud / etc thats easy to apply, please let me know)

Coatingsarecrack
02-26-2021, 04:56 AM
Hi all,

I apologize if this would be more appropriate in the marine or motorcycle forum. I am hopefully picking up a used side by side this evening. I dont plan to do mud bogs, but I know its going to get wet, dirty, dusty muddy etc. Its just the nature of the machine. I was wondering if there is a good coating i can use for the vinyl seats. My goal isnt so much appearance as it is UV protection and easing cleanup.
I plan to use the Griots spray ceramic coating on the pastics etc, because its easy enough to use, and should make cleanup better. (though if there is a better coating for UV / mud / etc thats easy to apply, please let me know)

Gyeon Leathershield should work just fine and is a stronger coating and should make cleaning easier than most standard protectants.

Pinnacle Black Label Vinyl & Leather coating. Haven’t used on seats but used it in rest of interior and i’m a fan. Easy to apply. Looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glen e
02-26-2021, 12:35 PM
If you’re talking mud and dirt, it’s going to take something more than just a coating due to abrasion… I would look into an Aries seat defender on Amazon. It’s a rubberized nylon sheet that will go over the seat, not move, and at the end of the day you throw it in the washer… I’ve been using them for years.