PDA

View Full Version : Question about Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant

Bode04
02-21-2021, 10:52 AM
When applying a new coat on exterior trim, do you remove what's left of the old coat first? If I should remove the old coat would OPC be a good choice and if so, what dilution would you recommend?

UncleDavy
02-21-2021, 10:55 AM
As long as the trim is clean there is no need to strip off any old layer of trim sealant. Multiple coats of sealant works well as long as the coats are thin and even.

PA DETAILER
02-21-2021, 11:22 AM
:iagree:

Bruno Soares
02-21-2021, 02:41 PM
I clean first with Meguiar’s #39 which seems to remove what was still there and makes the trim look and feel super clean. Then apply the trim sealant.

57Rambler
02-21-2021, 10:28 PM
When applying a new coat on exterior trim, do you remove what's left of the old coat first? If I should remove the old coat would OPC be a good choice and if so, what dilution would you recommend?

I can't speak for WETS, but I use a similar product from McKee's and have asked Nick this very same question ... he recommended cleaning the trim first before applying the new coat. A plastic trim cleaner works well for this. Or the OPC at 3:1, that is their recommendation for cleaning plastics ...

Dilute Power Clean up to 3:1 to safely clean leather, vinyl, paint, and plastics. Remove old dash dressings and tough residues from interior panels.