PDA

View Full Version : cleaner for undercarriage

Pages : [1] 2 3

zeak
02-18-2021, 02:08 PM
I've got a pressure washer and ordered an undercarriage attachment. I live in MD where I have to deal with a lot of salt on the roads. Can i get away with just using water or do i need an APC or other cleaner? I searched multiple forums and there are a million APC's that people suggest. I just want something to rinse salt/mud and not damage the undersurface. Also something simple that I don't have to dilute would be great. I get nervous thinking about diluting because i don't want to do damage. I have simple green lying around.

Can i get away with:
water alone?
car wash soap via a foam cannon or the pressure washer?
or hand spray an APC spray bottle that i can then rinse off?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, but really looking for what product is easiest/cheapest to use. Thanks.

Klasse Act
02-18-2021, 02:39 PM
I'd try Pearl from P&S[emoji362]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zeak
02-18-2021, 02:49 PM
Thanks. So could i get away with any reputable car shampoo (i have some chemical guys soap)?

Klasse Act
02-18-2021, 03:17 PM
Anything will work because your just trying to keep it clean, the effort is worth it[emoji118]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

briarpatch
02-18-2021, 03:20 PM
Thanks. So could i get away with any reputable car shampoo (i have some chemical guys soap)?

I can not see where it would hurt. P&S Pearl shampoo is an excellent, under the radar car soap. For undercarriage washing, I might be inclined to try a product like AutoFoam from Bilt Hamber. It has outstanding cleaning power, and also corrosion preventatives (I believe).

acuRAS82
02-18-2021, 06:46 PM
Im in a similar boat as OP, but I don’t have the nice tools: pressure washer, undercarriage attachment. I need to do SOMETHING though. I’m thinking maybe spray an APC, hose rinse, spray Feynlab Pure Rinseless (strong Rinseless wash), hose rinse. Unfortunately I don’t have a foam gun of any type (only an IK Foam sprayer) to use a regular wash and I have no plan of agitating with a sponge.

I’ll also be jacking up one side of the card with a hydraulic garage jack to get the spray and rinses done since I don’t have a nifty undercarriage attachment.

Anyone have any better recommendations than the APC/strong RW/hose rinse method I’m planning?

briarpatch
02-18-2021, 08:00 PM
Im in a similar boat as OP, but I don’t have the nice tools: pressure washer, undercarriage attachment. I need to do SOMETHING though. I’m thinking maybe spray an APC, hose rinse, spray Feynlab Pure Rinseless (strong Rinseless wash), hose rinse. Unfortunately I don’t have a foam gun of any type (only an IK Foam sprayer) to use a regular wash and I have no plan of agitating with a sponge.

I’ll also be jacking up one side of the card with a hydraulic garage jack to get the spray and rinses done since I don’t have a nifty undercarriage attachment.

Anyone have any better recommendations than the APC/strong RW/hose rinse method I’m planning?

PM sent

psnt1ol
02-18-2021, 08:38 PM
I've got a pressure washer and ordered an undercarriage attachment. I live in MD where I have to deal with a lot of salt on the roads. Can i get away with just using water or do i need an APC or other cleaner? I searched multiple forums and there are a million APC's that people suggest. I just want something to rinse salt/mud and not damage the undersurface. Also something simple that I don't have to dilute would be great. I get nervous thinking about diluting because i don't want to do damage. I have simple green lying around.

Can i get away with:
water alone?
car wash soap via a foam cannon or the pressure washer?
or hand spray an APC spray bottle that i can then rinse off?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, but really looking for what product is easiest/cheapest to use. Thanks.

I have an electric washer that has a reservoir for soap ( not at the tip of the nozzle) and I also have an undercarriage attachment. I filled the reservoir with a strong pre-wash solution (powerclean, 3D pre-rinse, or purple power vehicle and boat soap) and utilize the carriage attachment to get to all the nasty bits underneath. Let it dwell for a little bit then power-rinse it down using the same carriage attachment with water. If it is really bad... I would use the carriage attachment and try to knock off the big chunks first then proceed as stated above.

PA DETAILER
02-19-2021, 08:11 AM
I use the poor man's method. I just spray my APC all over the undercarriage. Then rinse with a strong jet of water.

I was going to order the UNDERWASHER. A tool that you hook up to your regular water hose. But i think they are long out of business. Too bad.

briarpatch
02-19-2021, 11:57 AM
I use the poor man's method. I just spray my APC all over the undercarriage. Then rinse with a strong jet of water.

I was going to order the UNDERWASHER. A tool that you hook up to your regular water hose. But i think they are long out of business. Too bad.

PM sent

PA DETAILER
02-19-2021, 12:36 PM
Figured they were out of business? Tried to contact them awhile back. No response. I just E-mailed them again today. Did not want to place a order and have it in limbo or worse. I'll let you know if i hear anything...

oneheadlite
02-19-2021, 12:46 PM
Figured they were out of business? Tried to contact them awhile back. No response. I just E-mailed them again today. Did not want to place a order and have it in limbo or worse. I'll let you know if i hear anything...

Looks like if you google "undercarriage pressure washer" or "Pressure washer water broom" there are definitely options out there. A little more money than the Underwasher, but also a bit more robust looking. Ride height can definitely be a factor with some of them (for us non-truck folks. :D )

PA DETAILER
02-19-2021, 12:52 PM
No doubt. PLENTY of options for pressure washers.

PA DETAILER
02-19-2021, 01:11 PM
Alrighty then. Just got a response from them. The units are indeed current and for sale. I must have used a bad contact E-mail when i first tried to contact them about a month ago.

Going to have to look them over again this weekend and order one. I am thinking the LONG version would fit my needs.

acuRAS82
02-19-2021, 01:50 PM
Alrighty then. Just got a response from them. The units are indeed current and for sale. I must have used a bad contact E-mail when i first tried to contact them about a month ago.

Going to have to look them over again this weekend and order one. I am thinking the LONG version would fit my needs.
Ive also been in touch with them since yesterday. So I think it’s legit.