PDA

View Full Version : What do all the abbreviations mean

zefer
02-17-2021, 01:28 PM
is there somewhere on the forum that I can learn what all the abbreviations mean AIO...PPF...etc...I feel like a dummy but would like to at least follow along

Mike Phillips
02-17-2021, 02:10 PM
Yeah it's the detail lingo... for acronyms....

To be honest - even I have to use Skynet to figure out what everyone is talking about. :D

Here's a couple you can chew through....

Acronyms (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/863-acronyms.html)

Product Abbreviation Chart or acronyms! (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-and-frequently-asked-questions/5706-product-abbreviation-chart-acronyms.html)

:)

JDGolden
02-17-2021, 03:15 PM
AIO- All in One.
PPF- Paint Protection Film.

zefer
02-17-2021, 06:31 PM
Thanks for that

PaulMys
02-17-2021, 06:44 PM
is there somewhere on the forum that I can learn what all the abbreviations mean AIO...PPF...etc...I feel like a dummy but would like to at least follow along

Don't feel that way here on AGO. Every person on this forum had to start from square one.

The acronyms can be very confusing at first. They were for me for sure.

Never hesitate to chime in and say "Hey, what the hell is OCW??" (Optimum Car Wax). ;)

Mike Hoekstra
02-17-2021, 06:56 PM
ONR - Optimum No Rinse wash is one that's common

Mike Hoekstra
02-17-2021, 06:57 PM

Don't worry about it. It's all good. :dblthumb2:

tuscarora dave
02-18-2021, 07:17 PM
I remember when I first discovered the forums and how lost in the acronyms I was. People had just begun trying to put together the acronym lists or glossary of acronyms. Fast forward many years and I've been gone from here for so long I'm feeling like a dummy again myself. If you have the bug like I did, you'll stick around and learn them. I like to be useful, or bring the message instead of the mess, so I've been sitting here trying to think of some acronyms to help you out with and I can't think of any!! 5P'S Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance!! I learned that one from "The Junk Man"

57Rambler
02-18-2021, 08:09 PM
Don't feel bad, when I first encountered the WETS acronym here I thought maybe it had something to do with urinary incontinence ... :laughing:

ducksfan
02-19-2021, 01:26 PM
There wouldn't be a problem if everyone stuck to basic literary standards and put the full name in parentheses the first time they use any abbreviation in a thread.:props:

weekend warrior
02-19-2021, 04:38 PM
Thanks for that

It will be nice if Mike put a new heading "abbreviations"...it will be a big help

Markymapo
02-19-2021, 11:09 PM
LSP was the first one that tripped me up.