PDA

View Full Version : CanCoat Questions

ShaneK
02-14-2021, 03:18 PM
I’m sure these have been answered many times but I struck out when searching. I’m thinking of trying CanCoat as my first ceramic coat (if you don’t count GG 3 in 1). Should applicators be thrown away after use? Should microfiber towels be relegated to non paint touching use after use with CanCoat? Approximately how many normal sized cars can be coated with one 200 ml container? Thanks!

The Guz
02-14-2021, 03:48 PM
I have tossed my applicators when using CanCoat. They have all become crunchy. I have also relegated all coating towels to dirty jobs after a pre-soak in the bucket with some microfiber detergent. CanCoat can harden up towels as it cures pretty quick.

You can get many cars out of the bottle. It goes a long way.

ShaneK
02-14-2021, 03:50 PM
I have tossed my applicators when using CanCoat. They have all become crunchy. I have also relegated all coating towels to dirty jobs after a pre-soak in the bucket with some microfiber detergent. CanCoat can harden up towels as it cures pretty quick.

You can get many cars out of the bottle. It goes a long way.

Thanks for info and quick reply! Thinking of taking advantage of the AG 25% off.

Coatingsarecrack
02-15-2021, 04:49 AM
Applicators got tossed after CquK3 topped with Cancoat.

I soak removal towels in snappy clean afterward and they came out nice. Inspected well and felt all over and they seemed nice and soft.

Wipe some detail spray off with them and noticed no marring.

To be safe though as i used cheap towels i then threw out all coating removal towels (1st ones use to remove) but kept the final buff towels. They were used again for final buff on 2 other cars and left no marring.

I just factor into the cost of doing the coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desertnate
02-16-2021, 09:04 AM
I do similar.

I've found dropping buffing towels in bucket of any water/cleaning solution would keep can coat from hardening the towels. Works pretty well for CQUK buffing towels too. All applicators are tossed. I tried to recycle them, but even after a soaking they are never soft enough to use again.

acuRAS82
02-16-2021, 05:53 PM
I throw applicators and save buff towels for dirty jobs, not to touch paint again (my preferred caution).

Per bottle, you will get 5 or more regular sedans worth doing two coats apiece, IMO.