PDA

View Full Version : Rinseless wash question

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

KBsToy
02-11-2021, 06:10 AM
I have decided to try a rinseless wash using the new improved ONR. I have been a bucket wash guy for many years but the weather here is terrible to do a bucket wash. I was wonder which would be better for doing a wash, Mckees yellow sponge . Big Red sponge or chenille wash mitt ?

Thanks
KB

Klasse Act
02-11-2021, 06:45 AM
First off I say NO on a wash Mitt! Maybe this has something to do with all the little fingers everywhere and making it easier for dirt to hide after rinsing.

I've used the Aqua sponge or 5-6 edgeless mf towels to do my rinseless washes. Pre-treating the panels with the wash solution using my 1000 ML Kwazzer is ALWAYS a must as well.

Keep us posted on this, I'm sure you will[emoji118]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bill D
02-11-2021, 07:38 AM
Gee, I’d say use the wash mitt if for no other reason than you can use several. I’ve never trusted sponges. I only use them to wash house windows

Klasse Act
02-11-2021, 07:47 AM
Gee, I’d say use the wash mitt if for no other reason than you can use several. I’ve never trusted sponges. I only use them to wash house windowsI find using edgeless mf towels gives you more control and they stay more FLAT to the surface as there's no fingers going everywhere. In addition, when you ring out the edgeless mf towel, it stays flat whereas the wash Mitt really doesn't.

Bill D
02-11-2021, 07:50 AM
I guess those are factors I don’t have to consider given that I only wash using a hose. I’ve never tried washing with MFs. I’m only a little less hesitant to use them over sponges

glen e
02-11-2021, 09:10 AM
Microfiber towels 350gsm-1 per big panel - for a mid size sedan I use 5-7.....Microfiber holds the rinseless so you have excellent lubricity when the towel is touching the surface- I have used mf’ s for 8 years.....

Google/YouTube the “Garry dean rinseless method”.

Billy Baldone
02-11-2021, 09:32 AM
I use anywhere from 6-12 mitts depending on the size of the vehicle. I also picked up a Greenworks stand alone rechargeable pressure washer for winter time use. It has exceeded my expectations. I added the Obsessed Garage hose and MTM swivel gun to make it considerably easier

MisterSnoop
02-11-2021, 10:30 AM
I also use MF towels. Soak them in the bucket, and once you take one out to use it, it doesn't go back into the bucket.

The Guz
02-11-2021, 10:41 AM
I have decided to try a rinseless wash using the new improved ONR. I have been a bucket wash guy for many years but the weather here is terrible to do a bucket wash. I was wonder which would be better for doing a wash, Mckees yellow sponge . Big Red sponge or chenille wash mitt ?

Thanks
KB

You will be fine with either method. The yellow sponge is slightly softer than the red. The benefit of the BRS is that you don't end up using so many towels and is just as safe as using multiple towels. I have never experienced scratches with the BRS. Keep in mind that you are not scrubbing the surface but rather applying the solution. So expect to pick up a little dirt on your towel that the BRS does not pick up.

A wash mitt also works fine. I have used rinseless washes with a microfiber wash mitt with no issues. And I have only used just one rather than multiple mitts with no scratching.

Also the pre-spray method is a good idea. Simply take your spray bottle and dunk it into the rinseless wash solution you make.

Try each method out and see which you prefer.

Bill D
02-11-2021, 10:58 AM
This is a video that helped me decide on mitts

WASH MITTS!! Which Are The BEST? Let's Find Out!! - YouTube (https://youtu.be/Q0pfRZ9mjq8)

DetailZeus
02-11-2021, 11:59 AM
Keep in mind too that some rinseless washes tend to have the dirt stick to microfiber more than others. Not sure how the new ONR performs but I know older versions were quite bad in this regard.

Not a huge fan of rinseless washing but if I had to choose I'd go 2-bucket = sponge, single use wash media = towels or mitts.

Hermes1
02-11-2021, 12:14 PM
I use edgeless 16" square micro fiber towels, soaked in the rinseless wash, folded in quarters. Years ago I used mitts but found them to perform less than good microfiber towels.

Jayfro
02-11-2021, 12:33 PM
I use edgeless 16" square micro fiber towels, soaked in the rinseless wash, folded in quarters. Years ago I used mitts but found them to perform less than good microfiber towels.

I use the same method but I keep a bucket with a gamma seal filled with 4 gallons of distilled water with the RW solution in the garage so I can wash the car if I get a wild hair!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Klasse Act
02-11-2021, 12:58 PM
Microfiber towels 350gsm-1 per big panel - for a mid size sedan I use 5-7.....Microfiber holds the rinseless so you have excellent lubricity when the towel is touching the surface- I have used mf’ s for 8 years.....

Google/YouTube the “Garry dean rinseless method”.This just works....period [emoji106][emoji106]

waddell64
02-11-2021, 01:02 PM
I've gotten into rinseless washes lately, as I seem to be able to avoid water spots drying on my black truck better since you are essentially washing one panel at a time.

As others have stated, I soak about 14 microfiber towels into a bucket for a good five/ten minutes before I start, and pretreat each panel with a waterless wash solution. Used towels go into a separate bucket for the wash. Then, I immediately dry each panel with a waffle weave microfiber.