PDA

View Full Version : Just curious on sales and how you buy

Pages : [1] 2

Bill1234
02-08-2021, 02:59 PM
Wondering if you buy through the sales even if you have some of the item already available to you at home or you use the sale for something else like trying something new or to stock up on something you ran out of? Just peaked my curiosity and wanted to see others buying preferences

Eldorado2k
02-08-2021, 04:14 PM
Usually to stock up on product that I’ve just ran out of or am about to run out of.

luckydawg
02-08-2021, 04:52 PM
I only buy when the shipping is free or discounted-- thats when I look ahead and get what I need to last till the next sale. I won't pay full shipping-- @ most i will do the $4.95 "flat rate " as they like to call it. I keep a running list of what I need and want so when the deal shows up I am ready.

PaulMys
02-08-2021, 06:26 PM
Since I am just a hobbyist, I pretty much have all of the product I need as far as polishes, compounds, sealants, QD's, etc.

I will however, grab pads and MF towels when on sale.

I just grabbed some more LC flats with deal they recently had. It worked out to just over $5 a pad. :)

2black1s
02-08-2021, 06:33 PM
I'm like luckydawg... I usually have a list in mind of the things I might need and jump on the bandwagon when the 20% or 25% sales happen. I'll occasionally get a few things on 15% sales if I really need them.

dgage
02-08-2021, 08:02 PM
Well at this point I’m not buying anything I NEED as a hobbyist, it’s just that there are so many good products that I want to make sure I have several really good products just in case I need them for a given situation. :) I do plan to purchase some ceramic coating products when the weather warms up (don’t want to ship a coating during freezing weather) but other than that I’m trying to resist the sales, primarily because I’ve taken advantage of so many of the sales in the past.

PaulMys
02-08-2021, 08:17 PM
Well at this point I’m not buying anything I NEED as a hobbyist, it’s just that there are so many good products............

Yeah, I totally get it.

That's how I ended up with enough products to detail every car in my part of town for a year. ;)

Today, I have narrowed it down to the ones that I like personally. The rest I try to use in a rotation on the wife's Wrangler, or try and give away to newbies here on AGO when I can.

dbnm
02-08-2021, 08:22 PM
I wait for the 20% or 25% off sale and then stock up on things I don't really need :D

57Rambler
02-08-2021, 09:58 PM
I wait for the 20% or 25% off sale and then stock up on things I don't really need :D

Don't we all. :laughing:

I'm like Paulie, I ended up with enough products to detail a fleet. Now I have my routine nailed down and buy only the needed products. MF's and gadgets are mostly what I buy on a whim nowadays.

dbnm
02-08-2021, 10:34 PM
A leaf blower arrived today and my wife thinks it is for yard work. hahahaha

Coatingsarecrack
02-08-2021, 11:21 PM
I ‘ve been resisting buying new things i don’t need. I’ll place some things in cart and then check supplies to see if i really need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John U
02-09-2021, 12:01 AM
Sales are like a drug for me.

I’m a sucker for hitting prepaid freight by adding microfibers at a hot price. Both my homes are loaded with “supplies”.

dgage
02-09-2021, 02:19 AM

I resemble this remark!

Eldorado2k
02-09-2021, 02:59 AM
I’ve been meaning to re vamp my entire supply of buffing pads for a while now, but even with the sales I can’t seem to pull the trigger... The pads I like a friggin expensive and they hurt my inner cheapo. Lol.

goldendodo19
02-09-2021, 09:03 AM
Nowadays I try to just buy what I need in one big order when there’s 25% off. I’ve narrowed down my collection to only what I truly need and I just keep it stocked. It was always fun trying the latest and greatest but realizing how much went to waste and never got used was a real eye opener.

If I need something that’s a one off I either wait until free shipping at $50 or one of the 25% off with flat rate shipping. I feel like there’s been more sales recently than ever before but nothing wrong with that.

I’d say the only item I will buy more of even if I have enough is pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)