PDA

View Full Version : Coatings for an ATV?

04lss
02-08-2021, 01:32 PM
Hi all,

over the weekend I put a deposit down on a Can Am outlander 570. I have family and friends that do trail riding, mud etc. I have no delusions of keeping the ATV in unscratched mint condition, but i would like to coat as many surfaces as I can to 1 make cleaning easier, and 2 limit fading/ UV damage. Mainly i want to make it easy to wash off, and keep plastics/rubber from getting brittle due to the sun.

I was thinking a standard ceramic spray like Griots would work fine on the colored plastic, but i am wondering about the plastic trim, rubber hand grips etc. I am completely open to suggestions on products here. Id love something for the seat too, that wouldnt make it slippery.

bofh
02-08-2021, 04:32 PM
I put Megs Hybrid Ceramic Spray on my Kodiak two years ago and it lasted really well, but we don't go mudding.

JDGolden
02-09-2021, 09:37 AM
I think that would be fine. Or you could try Gyeon Trim? Another good option is Optimum car wax due to the UV protection.... see it here:

Patented UV Protection - Optimum Car Wax - by Dr. Ghodoussi at Autogeek.com (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-to-articles-by-mike-phillips/109555-patented-uv-protection-optimum-car-wax-dr-ghodoussi-autogeek-com.html)

I wouldn’t touch the grips, those are so cheap and easy to replace that it would be a waste of time. Don’t fret over keeping it mint. If you decide to sell it, clean it well and hit it with “Maxima SC-1” and it will look new. Practice keeping the quad rubber side down. I’d take faded plastic over cracked plastic any day.

Billy Baldone
02-09-2021, 09:57 AM
P&S Inspiration ceramic coating will be a good choice