PDA

View Full Version : Black fire APC off label use?

nrengle
02-07-2021, 09:07 PM
Hey Mike,

Back again, been a busy few months reinventing myself. Anyways been heavy on some home improvement stuff, and need to clean some saw blades and such. Was just thinking would the BF APC good on it for removing pitch and such. Carbide teeth, etc. If I got to buy the cleaner I got to buy the cleaner but would like to check and see if I have something in house first.

Thanks!

RNR89JV
02-08-2021, 12:27 AM
It’s 100% water based, you’ll probably just waste valuable product and your time. Just go buy natural degreasers, mine seal spirits, turpentine, etc.

RNR89JV
02-08-2021, 12:30 AM
Correction, I was reading the interior cleaner not their APC I apologize. Apparently it may be an actual contender, but very expensive compared to other products at local stores.

dgage
02-08-2021, 12:33 AM
All of the bit and blade cleaners I’ve used seem pretty caustic, definitely not something I’d ever want on my paint. So I guess you could try it if you have it but I doubt it will do much. You might have better results with a Tar remover if you have it but I doubt even that would be strong enough to get rid of the wood resin build up.

Mike Phillips
02-08-2021, 09:31 AM
Just to chime in,

First - You don't know what you can do until you try - so "try"

Second - like mentioned above - TREE PITCH or sap is a resin somewhat like a natural glue. In most cases you'll need some type of solvent to actually dissolve it. But again, you don't know what you can do until you try and some plants and trees emit sap that is water soluble. Most cleaners have water in them so sometimes a APC or a Interior Cleaner "can" remove some sap as well as other things.

:)