PDA

View Full Version : Window Cleaner Does Not Freeze

UncleDavy
01-30-2021, 05:39 PM
I accidentally left my detailing bag in the car for the past few nights. It got down to 4 degrees overnight and the high temp today was 19. All of the products in the bag a frozen except for Invisible Glass. It gelled up like diesel fuel but it did not freeze. Hopefully the products will not have any diminished properties after the thaw.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210130/cbaa6f89e8dffd84920a4eeccbd5dae4.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210130/317f3781254a9361761b36b1a4e58a2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulMys
01-30-2021, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I discovered my bottle of Speed Shine in the truck was the consistency of a Slurpee on Friday morning.

After I thawed it out, it seems none the worse for the wear. I think things like QD's & spray waxes can withstand freezing better than say a bottle of polish.

UncleDavy
01-30-2021, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I discovered my bottle of Speed Shine in the truck was the consistency of a Slurpee on Friday morning.

After I thawed it out, it seems none the worse for the wear. I think things like QD's & spray waxes can withstand freezing better than say a bottle of polish.

I also have a bottle of Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax that is frozen solid. Let's see how that works.

Desertnate
02-01-2021, 09:23 AM
My detailing products in my garage freeze a couple times a year and I've never seen any ill effects when I start using them again in the Spring.

MisterSnoop
02-01-2021, 10:08 AM
303 is one to be careful with to make sure it doesn't freeze.

Willbeen
02-01-2021, 02:59 PM
I had some McKees 31 tire protectant that was significantly impacted by near freezing a couple of years ago. It never worked the same after that. there's a lesson for all of us in the north. When it's time to make sure your hose is disconnected from the faucet, it's time to take your sensitive detail products indoors.

noorth
02-01-2021, 03:34 PM
i noticed the same thing with my glass cleaner. It stays in my car all year around, it works just fine.

It really helped me out one time when i had the wrong windshield washer fluid in my car and the nozzles froze! I was driving on the highway in wet and snowy conditions. If i didn't have it i had like over 75km to the next gas station. I don't know how i would of keep the glass clean frankly. Snow i guess but it would of made harder to clean.

forrest@mothers
02-01-2021, 06:42 PM
Better glass cleaners are alcohol based. IPA doesn't freeze until ~ -128ºF.

Your best bet is to keep all detailing products from freezing. Paste wax gets destroyed. Many liquids will not go back in to suspension or emulsion once frozen. To be safe, take them all in.