PDA

View Full Version : Stretching - Wiping down all jambs after washing

Mike Phillips
01-30-2021, 08:02 AM
Stretching - Wiping down all jambs after washing

Stretching - Wiping down all jambs after washing

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/medium/StretchingBM_01.jpg

Some guys like to wash as in running water or pressure washer, all the jambs during the wash process. That works.

When doing a PREP WASH - I use a small Guzzler (that's damp from drying off body panels} and then mist Bead Maker, (or your favorite spray detailer) onto all the jambs, door jambs, hood jambs, hatchback jambs and then wipe them down.

It's quick, fast and easy. Gives all the jambs that "just detailed look". Unless they are totally abused and neglected then hit them with your favorite AIO.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/medium/StretchingBM_02.jpg

Bead Maker (https://www.autogeek.net/renny-doyle-bead-maker.html)

Small Guzzler (https://www.autogeek.net/microfiber-waffle-weave.html)

:buffing:

Mike Phillips
01-30-2021, 08:04 AM

Question?

How do you tackle all the jambs on a vehicle?

:cheers:

Billy Baldone
01-30-2021, 09:03 AM
I kid you not. The exact way you do it. Im the MAN

Rsurfer
01-30-2021, 03:28 PM
One way to tell if the car is well maintained.

PA DETAILER
01-30-2021, 05:13 PM
A overlooked part of a wash no doubt. First thing i do after a flood rinse. Dry all the jambs. Any good detailer/spray wax works great in these areas.

Eldorado2k
01-30-2021, 05:55 PM

Question?

How do you tackle all the jambs on a vehicle?

:cheers:

If it’s a vehicle that’s been neglected, my favorite tool is an inexpensive long paintbrush that you can pickup from the 99 cent store.

I spray down the doorjamb with APC, quick scrub with the paintbrush, then hit it with the hose nozzle on Angle setting. It shoots out a perfectly long vertical pattern which makes it easy to not get anything else wet during the rinse.

After the wash, I like to use the Supreme 530 towels for wiping down the doorjambs with whatever detail spray is nearby, usually WG Uber or Carpro Ech20.

I dislike how doorjambs can nearly ruin good towels with the level of grime that comes off of them. That’s why the grey Supreme towels are perfect for the job. They’re beefy, ideal sized, and grey.

briarpatch
01-30-2021, 06:30 PM
If it’s a vehicle that’s been neglected, my favorite tool is an inexpensive long paintbrush that you can pickup from the 99 cent store.

I spray down the doorjamb with APC, quick scrub with the paintbrush, then hit it with the hose nozzle on Angle setting. It shoots out a perfectly long vertical pattern which makes it easy to not get anything else wet during the rinse.

After the wash, I like to use the Supreme 530 towels for wiping down the doorjambs with whatever detail spray is nearby, usually WG Uber or Carpro Ech20.

I dislike how doorjambs can nearly ruin good towels with the level of grime that comes off of them. That’s why the grey Supreme towels are perfect for the job. They’re beefy, ideal sized, and grey.

My process is similar.....I always make sure I get all around the door edges......if the jambs are nasty, so are the edges of the door . I'll follow them up with a wipe down of Bead Maker, Chemical Guys P40 or Ethos Defy. ..leaves them slick and shiny

PaulMys
01-30-2021, 06:32 PM
Same as Mike.

And Beadmaker is always in the JA. (Jamb Arsenal) Lol

Eldorado2k
01-30-2021, 06:56 PM
My process is similar.....I always make sure I get all around the door edges......if the jambs are nasty, so are the edges of the door . I'll follow them up with a wipe down of Bead Maker, Chemical Guys P40 or Ethos Defy. ..leaves them slick and shiny

Yup yup.. There’s something about getting all around the door edges nice and clean. Sometimes that stuff takes time though. Of course I’ll do it on my own car, but if I’m doing it on someone else’s it better be compensated/appreciated. Lol.

For me the extra mile is grabbing my special applicator and going over all the weather stripping with some Hyper Dressing.

John U
01-30-2021, 07:32 PM
I use a paint brush and wash the door bottoms and sponge the sills. Keeps the final wipe down towels cleaner after.

briarpatch
01-30-2021, 07:40 PM
For me the extra mile is grabbing my special applicator and going over all the weather stripping with some Hyper Dressing.

At least I'm not the only one doing this....occasionally, the steamer comes out for the hinge areas to try and get that dirt that's stuck down in those little crevices