PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Traverse City

spbill
04-06-2008, 10:19 AM
After months of reading, I've made the big move and joined this forum. I've been a dedicated hand polisher/waxer for years and now age & sore muscles are leading me closer to a pc purchase and the necessary trunk-load of accessories (I'm just a little OCD). This is a great source of information and I'll be posting all of my newbie questions as soon as I figure out the appropriate place. It's almost spring here in the north and the temps in the garage are getting somewhat comfortable.

swirlnuts
04-06-2008, 10:24 AM
welcome. Im from the thumb and hasnt it been a long freakin winter?

94LT1
04-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Welcome.i just used my pc for the first time the other day and i loved the results.prior to this i did everything by hand.maybe like 1 year experience.but the PC makes it seem like iv been doing this alot longer.its a good investment.But just make sure you ask around what kind of pads to use for certain situations.Then from there u just take your time then just stare in ahhh after ur done.

king air pilot
04-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Hello neighbor im here in Gaylord. You will love the site and the results. Best my cars have ever looked even thru this past winter.

Cheers
Mike

Gary Sword
04-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Welcome spbill, growing up in Michigan my family use to go up to Traverse City camping as a kid. I'm certainly glad I don't have to spend winters in Michigan anymore.

spbill
04-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the welcoming posts... today it hit 65 degrees (although it was winter just a couple of days ago) and I celebrated by doing the first hand wash job on the car in 5 months. I'll keep reading and then most likely make a huge order of supplies as I step up my affection for car waxing to a full-fledged retirement hobby. I'm glad I found this place.