PDA

View Full Version : Detailing NEW 2021 Ram Billet silver with "built to serve package" advice

upi441
01-19-2021, 10:55 AM
I just got a Ram 1500 billet silver color with the built to serve package. The built to serve package is (20-inch aluminum wheels with a Technical Gray finish are also part of the package, as are body-color wheel flares. An all-black grille and surround, as well as black bumpers, side steps and exhaust tips round out the exterior.)

I want to detail/protect it. It is brand new and trying to decide the procedure/products to protect. Also curious about protection of black bumper, would you get it filmed or not. I have used Black Fire products, clay barred and recently (on black 2017 ram) used The Last Coat gen 2 product. I own an older Porter Cable dual action polisher. What would you recommend??

Thanks
Karen

Bobby B.
01-19-2021, 11:33 AM
Congratulations on your new Ram truck. The "Built to Serve" package looks great on these new Ram trucks.

Blackfire products are excellent. The Blackfire One Step would be a great choice since you already own a Porter Cable polisher. This will easily remove any dealer induced swirl marks in the paint surface while leaving behind a nice layer of protection.

PPF film is great if you're going to be doing a lot of highway driving.

BLACKFIRE One Step 16 oz. (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-one-step-16.html)