PDA

View Full Version : RagCo Ultra Black Sponge

Pages : [1] 2

HAMBO
01-18-2021, 05:50 PM
Hi AG,

Got my most recent AG order, in which I decided to try out the new RagCo ultra black sponge. I generally prefer to multiple towel method for rinseless washing, but have an older Big Red Sponge and use it every now and then when I don’t want to create a whole load of towels to wash.

At first glance the manufacturing of this thing looks a bit shoddy. Sponge is soft, but all the grooves between the foam “fingers” are totally uneven. Anyone know whether that’s normal or whether it matters? Pic below:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50850611681_001a2d4b8e_k.jpg

Thanks

HAMBO

John U
01-18-2021, 06:16 PM
Reminds me of the "Schmidt Sponge"(?) that was out years ago.

Coatingsarecrack
01-19-2021, 04:08 AM
Let us know how it compares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pats300zx
01-19-2021, 08:18 AM
Reminds me of the "Schmidt Sponge"(?) that was out years ago.

LOL...I remember and still have them. I think I use the black wheel one to clean my gas grille now :)

Eldorado2k
01-19-2021, 07:04 PM
My 1st thought is “why’d they make it black”?

That’s the last color I’d want a sponge like that to be.. How are you supposed to know if it’s really clean enough as you’re using it? Smh

Bill D
01-19-2021, 08:14 PM
If it messes up the car, you can always use it to wash house windows. That's about all I use a sponge for.

HAMBO
01-20-2021, 04:54 PM
In case anyone is interested, I emailed the photo to the Rag Company and they said it should not look like this. This is a manufacturing defect...The grooves should be cleanly cut and consistent.

They suggested I either cut it with a razor blade myself, or see whether AG will replace it for me. Seems kind of silly that after buying a $20 sponge that's got a QC defect they wouldn't just offer to send me a new one... :(

Dr Oldz
01-20-2021, 09:16 PM
Shame they didn’t just send you one. Doesn’t really look impressive anyway. I’d say the shipping is worth more than the sponge anyways.

Coatingsarecrack
01-20-2021, 09:28 PM
In case anyone is interested, I emailed the photo to the Rag Company and they said it should not look like this. This is a manufacturing defect...The grooves should be cleanly cut and consistent.

They suggested I either cut it with a razor blade myself, or see whether AG will replace it for me. Seems kind of silly that after buying a $20 sponge that's got a QC defect they wouldn't just offer to send me a new one... :(

Yeah the Rag Company SUCKS at customer service. Next time i buy a bunch of towels during their sale i’m gonna see if AG will price match due to their CS standards.

Dr Oldz
01-21-2021, 01:48 AM
Yeah the Rag Company SUCKS at customer service. Next time i buy a bunch of towels during their sale i’m gonna see if AG will price match due to their CS standards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk]

I’m sure AG will have no issues replacing it. AG customer service is top notch. Shame Rag Company handled it the way they did.

Due to this feedback, I will no longer purchase TRC products. Sorry but customer service is still important in my book!

Coatingsarecrack
01-21-2021, 02:31 AM
I’m sure AG will have no issues replacing it. AG customer service is top notch. Shame Rag Company handled it the way they did.

Due to this feedback, I will no longer purchase TRC products. Sorry but customer service is still important in my book!

I had a IK foamer go bad 6-8 months and emailed them. They told me that warranty are through manufacturers. No contact info. I ask them for contact info and they didn’t have, told to check warranty info in box.

Explained that whole pack had accidentally got tossed and the basically told me to try the internet. The internet didn’t sell it to me... they did....

Bladegunner
01-21-2021, 06:48 AM
Hate to hear that about RC, I don't buy a whole bunch from them but probably nothing now. I realize they won't miss me but I need products from a company that stands behind them.

richhinz
01-21-2021, 09:24 AM
I'm also not happy with Rag Co. bought the cyclone wash pad &mitt couple years ago from them. received them and it was missing microfiber had bare spots. Called them up and they said they had problems with them. they even took them off site for awhile. Said they would credit my card. Let's just say as of 1-21-21 nothing yet.

fly07sti
01-21-2021, 10:24 AM
I’m surprised to hear of the bad CS from TRC. I have bought a few MF’s from them over the years and haven’t had any problems with them. When the FTW towel came out a while back, I had issues with loose threads and the owner of the company took care of it for me. I can also say that maybe some things have changed as I haven’t bought a lot from them in the past 18 months or so.

HAMBO
01-21-2021, 11:21 AM
It's also not the first time I've had a problem with a RagCo product and they didn't simply take care of it...

I forwarded my reply from the RagCo to AG customer service, who without any questions shipped me out a replacement UBS. Honestly, AG's customer service has always been amazing. I can always count on them!