PDA

View Full Version : pricing in my new business

JoeJoeFavorZ
04-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Feed back please having some trouble with the new pricing schedule for some new services. im working at restoring headlites and dont know how much to charge. not only that but im sure the prices on everything has gone up since 2004 so does anyone have any pricing i can compare and incorporate in my new business?

HHIslander
04-05-2008, 07:58 PM
I'm doing it for $100...

M3Cosmos
04-21-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm doing it for $100...

$100 seems a little steep to me. What is your technique?

ray6
05-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Feed back please having some trouble with the new pricing schedule for some new services. im working at restoring headlites and dont know how much to charge. not only that but im sure the prices on everything has gone up since 2004 so does anyone have any pricing i can compare and incorporate in my new business?

On the west coast we charge the following:

For headlight restoration we charge $20-40 for "commercial" restorations with a 1 year warranty. This would be multiple jobs at 1 location like a used car lot or taxi garage. Takes about 10 min. per car and costs $1-3/car in materials.

"Consumer restorations are 30-60 with a 2 year warranty. Most common. Takes about 15-30 min./vehicle and includes 2 coats of protective coating. Cost per car is $3-5.

Detail "like new" restorations are 40-80 with a 3 year warranty. 20-45 min. and $4-6 in materials. Requires either UV lamps or direct sunlight to cure. For mobile you could probably charge more. Rates are set to derive a wage of about 50-80/hour.

ray6

ray6
05-18-2012, 09:35 AM

For headlight restoration we charge $20-40 for "commercial" restorations with a 1 year warranty. "Consumer restorations are 30-60 with a 2 year warranty. Detail "like new" restorations are 40-80 with a 3 year warranty. This is on the west coast.

For mobile you could probably charge more. Rates are set to derive a wage of about 50-80/hour.

How much you charge should be based on how much you pay yourself in wages per hr., how much it costs you to operate, and the restoration quality you perform, like how long is your warranty, etc.

If you don't have any direct competition in your area, assume you will shortly.

Also many of your customers will go the D.I.Y. route, but because most of these products don't replace the factory protective coat, they may become your customer soon.

I feel you're better off offering multiple level restores at different price points instead of one size fits all.

Strive to do better work than your competition and remember that your satisfied customer becomes your new salesman.

ray6