PDA

View Full Version : Topper for Kisho 901 coating?

ronki
01-07-2021, 08:53 PM
I'll have my car coated with Kisho 901.

2 coats 701
1 coat 901

I think they have a SiO2 topper but can I use other spray sealants like Turtle Wax Flex or Bead Maker? This is in case that their Kisho brand topper is not available.

The Guz
01-07-2021, 08:59 PM
You could probably use either one. Beadmaker is used by many with a coating.

You also have Carpro EcH20 as another option. If you want some protection then Carpro Elixir is a good option for any coating.

vobro
01-07-2021, 11:45 PM
WTH is Kisho? Must be running out of names or I’m just to old

SNP209
01-08-2021, 12:38 AM
WTH is Kisho? Must be running out of names or I’m just to old

Kisho is a coating manufacturer from Japan.

ronki
01-11-2021, 08:59 AM
Is there something like a "universal" SiO2 topper? Or something near that?

Mgavin1985
01-11-2021, 10:16 AM
Kisho is a very stout coating but it is difficult to apply. Kisho 901 has a fluorine additive, it has a nice darkening effect and has average water beading. I believe they make coating for other brands that relabel it. It is based in Japan. They have a very nice wheel coating that is unique and a beast it’s very thick and self levels buoy do not buff off.

The prices are affordable 30mls of 901 is $12
The wheel coating is $10

I have applied it to many cars and still use it for large RV’s
The only thing is it’s hard to apply it’s not made for the consumer grade or entry level applier. It’s easy to get high spots. If you check out the Scott H guy on YouTube that does all the testing with coatings it was on his very first test and did awesome hung right with IGL and Cquartz uk.

They provide samples to anyone as long as you pay shipping from Japan.

Top with what ever you have on hand!

noorth
01-11-2021, 02:28 PM
wow thats cheap!! Scott H as some excellent content. Don't see him mentioned much on the forums. And i remember that Kisho coating. I never heard of it before watching Scott H's vids. Maybe its bad batches of kamikaze stuff that doesn't meet there ease of application standards! haha

Mgavin1985
01-11-2021, 02:47 PM
wow thats cheap!! Scott H as some excellent content. Don't see him mentioned much on the forums. And i remember that Kisho coating. I never heard of it before watching Scott H's vids. Maybe its bad batches of kamikaze stuff that doesn't meet there ease of application standards! haha

Lol the topper they offer is not much to write home about. Got be careful some of the Japanese country go way over the top with marketing.

If you want a good laugh check into Camui be prepared for chrome chains, tigers, dragons and Samurai stuff condensed into a single product line. Second to none in the marketing department.

98CayenneTA
01-11-2021, 04:22 PM

Carpro Ech2o. Absolutley amazing product. I have used it with CQuarts U.k, Kamikaze Zipang and Ethos Graphene.

Sometimes I will add a tit of Kamikaze Overcoat to my Ech2o.

The Guz
01-11-2021, 04:40 PM

See my post about carpro products. Elixir if you want more protection than EcH20

Rsurfer
01-11-2021, 06:39 PM
See my post about carpro products. Elixir if you want more protection than EcH20

:iagree:Wish someone would do a standalone with Elixir to verify protection.

ronki
02-02-2021, 08:03 PM
Kisho is a very stout coating but it is difficult to apply. Kisho 901 has a fluorine additive, it has a nice darkening effect and has average water beading. I believe they make coating for other brands that relabel it. It is based in Japan. They have a very nice wheel coating that is unique and a beast it’s very thick and self levels buoy do not buff off.

The prices are affordable 30mls of 901 is $12
The wheel coating is $10

I have applied it to many cars and still use it for large RV’s
The only thing is it’s hard to apply it’s not made for the consumer grade or entry level applier. It’s easy to get high spots. If you check out the Scott H guy on YouTube that does all the testing with coatings it was on his very first test and did awesome hung right with IGL and Cquartz uk.

They provide samples to anyone as long as you pay shipping from Japan.

Top with what ever you have on hand!

I was amazed with the results. NGL, I had low expectations since the price was almost half and it was professionally installed on my SUV.

I saw one high spot and with that, you can actually see the coating 'covering' your paint. Also, because it's cheap, I had 3 layers done on the car.

They gave me a bottle of 'Maintenance coating' and is colored pink.