PDA

View Full Version : Still use a waffle weave for drying?

Pages : [1] 2

Bobbykart
01-06-2021, 07:48 PM
I have been using waffle weave for drying, after the leaf blower. Is there a better towel to use for drying?

Bill D
01-06-2021, 08:02 PM
There sure is, a Griot's Garage PFM towel. This is the best detailing product I bought in 2020

vobro
01-06-2021, 08:05 PM
I agree with how great the PFM is, I now use my waffle weaves just for interior glass

Bill D
01-06-2021, 08:07 PM
The PFMs for glass aren't half bad either

spazzz
01-06-2021, 08:10 PM
I have the PFM but prefer the McKees Glacier.
I like the edges better on the Glacier. I am not a fan of wrapped edges.

OMGClayAiken
01-06-2021, 08:31 PM
Another vote for PFM. And for glass too.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

dennis b
01-06-2021, 08:32 PM
The Rag Company Double Twistress. Same weave (twisted loop, aka terry weave) as the Griot's PFM but available in a more manageable size. Never drags on the ground when drying lower panels. One 20x24 easily dry's a med size car.

20x24 Double Twistress Detailing Towel - Gray (https://www.autogeek.net/rc-double-twistress-black.html)

John U
01-06-2021, 09:03 PM
I tried Twistress..... I gave them to a friend. Stayed with my PFM's.

dennis b
01-06-2021, 09:33 PM
I tried Twistress..... I gave them to a friend. Stayed with my PFM's.

What didn't you like about the Twistress? I think they are soft, absorbent and the right size. PFM's are either tiny 16x16 or huge 25x35. If Griot's made a normal size PFM for drying I might give them a try. I hate dragging ex lg towels on the ground when doing lower panels.

SNP209
01-06-2021, 09:41 PM
What didn't you like about the Twistress? I think they are soft, absorbent and the right size. PFM's are either tiny 16x16 or huge 25x35. If Griot's made a normal size PFM for drying I might give them a try. I hate dragging ex lg towels on the ground when doing lower panels.

I believe the 28x20 is still available

Griot's Garage PFM Terry Weave Drying Towel - 28 x 20 inches (https://www.autogeek.net/gr-55504.html)

vobro
01-06-2021, 09:44 PM
The PFMs for glass aren't half bad either

Didn’t say they were, I just find it easier with the ww towels as they are less bulky and are less grabby.

dennis b
01-06-2021, 10:39 PM
I believe the 28x20 is still available

Griot's Garage PFM Terry Weave Drying Towel - 28 x 20 inches (https://www.autogeek.net/gr-55504.html)

Ahh, good to know, didn't see that size listed. But at $28 vs $12 for the Twistress I'd probably pass. Unless AG completely lost their mind and offered a BOGO or 50% off sale on the PFM's.

John U
01-07-2021, 12:53 AM

I don’t feel they suck up the water as well and are not as soft....both subjective feelings on my part. I did a review here a number of years ago with both side by side.

PFM drying trick I use: I hold one end with my left hand at the “belt line” and use my right hand, holding the bottom, wipe the sides as I walk down the side of the vehicle doing all the work with my right hand as the left pushes the towel down the upper edge of the body.

The large size of the PFM is great for drying horizontal surfaces. Yes, they can be a hand full on smaller areas. The small size is a little small for my liking.

Coatingsarecrack
01-07-2021, 03:21 AM

Edit: didn’t see this was already posted

28x20 pfm

Griot's Garage PFM Terry Weave Drying Towel - 28 x 20 inches (https://www.autogeek.net/gr-55504.html?productid=gr-55504&channelid=FROOG&utm_source=CSEs&utm_medium=GoogleProductSearch&utm_campaign=CSE&gclid=CjwKCAiA_9r_BRBZEiwAHZ_v1wUS21m-M5X6B1vtOBdmqcSnEe46flE0if8E0v4V-J_2PPzFMclfsxoCUKMQAvD_BwE)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fly07sti
01-07-2021, 11:32 PM
I don’t feel they suck up the water as well and are not as soft....both subjective feelings on my part. I did a review here a number of years ago with both side by side.

PFM drying trick I use: I hold one end with my left hand at the “belt line” and use my right hand, holding the bottom, wipe the sides as I walk down the side of the vehicle doing all the work with my right hand as the left pushes the towel down the upper edge of the body.

The large size of the PFM is great for drying horizontal surfaces. Yes, they can be a hand full on smaller areas. The small size is a little small for my liking.

I totally agree about the twistress not being as absorbent. I gave mine away as well.

@Spazz, the PFM does come in a rolled edge as well. Mind you it’s a huge towel, but all you have to do is fold it for use on vertical panels.