PDA

View Full Version : The last coat black ice on white BMW

rick100
01-06-2021, 06:54 PM
Hello guys , this is my first review , I ll give you a little background before it
I live in Toronto , Canada , the car was driven in all seasons regularly up to 2018 , after that it has been driven very little during winters, it has also been parked outside half its life. The car is a 2011 white bmw purchased in 2013 was in pretty good shape overall , I got the car professionally ceramic coated ( opti coat) in 2014. After the coating applied , I just did car washes , some rough car washes at times , all the way till 2018 where I started to get more into detailing and better products were used
This is the first time this car has seen a da polisher since it was ceramic coated in 2014. It was only maintained with reload , elixir and beadmaker

I was not sure what product to use to give this car its first polish , and its on winter rims now so I was not even sure if I should ve waited till the summer to do a proper job after I put the summer rims on

Anyhow, covid has me home most of the time ,so I decided to try something new, I decided on the last coat black ice after watching a few videos and I also did not find many reviews on it , actually there isnt one in this forum as far as I know.

I went ahead and purchased a small bottle of the last coat black ice for 35$ on sale, its supposed to last a year, I ll be happy if it last 6 months , I also bought a bottle of the last coat topper to maintain their ceramic coat, but I have not yet add a topper . I ll just do a quick review of the last coat black ice by itself and I ll keep you guys updated as time goes by .

As for prep work. I did not do a full correction , I purchased some uro pads which I did not even use yet , may use them in the summer time . I just did a light polish this time around . This was my prep work

1 - Iron X
2 - car wash
3 - Clay bar
4 - ONR ( my car wash was a coin car wash , no water in the winter)
5 - Griots DA polish , Car pro Gloss pad with essence
6 - Car pro Eraser panel wipe
7 - The last coat black ice application

Review

Application : Very easy to apply , no waiting times for the product to flash . I used a suede applicator to apply the product. It goes in nicely but it was a bit thicker when you are working it . Its very easy to level the product though , the towel does not get sticky , it just feels smooth . I did 2 coats of the product , an hour between coats.

Slickness : The product gets stickier if you apply it for longer, but after a wipe off the surface feels very very smooth , not as smooth as beadmaker, but close to that level . I was a bit surprised on how slick it was. My ceramic coating was never as slick , neither was reload.

Gloss : I m very please on the level of gloss , beadmaker is still glossier , but the black ice has a different type of gloss , its deeper , I m actually liking it quite a bit. I pulled the car outside today and I was very impressed with the looks. I was thinking of adding beadmaker but I m not too sure now. I will add the last coat 2 as a topper to see if there is improvement.

Durability: Unknown at the moment , I applied the last coat 2 in my cadillac 3 weeks ago and after 3 washes its still there , so I m hoping this lite ceramic can last me the whole winter.

Price : Its not a cheap product , but its also not an expensive product compare to car pro lite and tac systems moonlite. In terms of slickness and looks I think its worth it. But again durability needs to come into play at that price point. Will keep you guys updated on durability .

rick100
01-06-2021, 06:57 PM
pictures taken with cellphone and downsize to fit here.

rick100
01-06-2021, 09:10 PM
some more images under a different lighting