PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Ceramic Spray Coating Products

ScionTC1283
01-01-2021, 12:42 PM
Has anyone ever tried mixing ceramic spray coating products from different manufacturers? For example using Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating as a base then topping/maintaining it with Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax?

I'm thinking about trying this once the weather clears up. I absolutely love both products but for different reasons and I'm trying to get the best of both worlds. I like Megs HCW for its ease of use, gloss, slickness, and hydrophobic properties. Even after long drives the majority of road film, bugs, and dirt wash off the paint easily with a pressure washer (except on the lower rocker panels on the doors). I like Hybrid Solutions due to its chemical resistant properties based on numerous Youtube videos I've watched. My tentative plan is to combine the products in either:

1. Lay down a base of Hybrid Solutions with Megs HCW as a topper (as mentioned above)

or

2. Using Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating on the lower rocker panels and Megs HCW over everything else as a base. Then for maintenance I'll use Hybrid Solutions Wet Wax on the rocker panels and Megs HCW on everything else.

Has anyone tried this?

glen e
01-01-2021, 12:46 PM
I have mixed gyeon wet coat, and car Pro Hydr02 light… For use on my wheels, absolutely no problem, works identical to either one of those separately.

acuRAS82
01-01-2021, 05:27 PM
I always layer coating lites/ceramic spray sealants/ceramic QDs. Not every combo compliments each other but in general, solid, less substantial products tend to layer decent on top, particularly QDs. They aren’t substantial so I don’t see why layering HCD would cause any issues on HS CSC.

Layering durable on top of durable too often can mute the paint in some combos, but I don’t see that happening here.

Coatingsarecrack
01-01-2021, 08:03 PM
I will put PACosmic Sprtz ontop of Kami OC with No issues. Have topped both with Griots Ceramic Coat with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk