PDA

View Full Version : Pinstripes and the PC?

Pages : [1] 2

scooterguitar
07-17-2006, 11:01 PM
I have a car in the garage right now being prepped. It occured to me this is the first car I will do that has regualr old GM sticker pinstripes. Do I simply polish with the PC right over them or avoid them at all costs? They are in great shape. The panles where they are will most likely only need a medium to light polish, the FP.
Thanks

BILL
07-18-2006, 06:43 AM
I have a car in the garage right now being prepped. It occured to me this is the first car I will do that has regualr old GM sticker pinstripes. Do I simply polish with the PC right over them or avoid them at all costs? They are in great shape. The panles where they are will most likely only need a medium to light polish, the FP.
Thanks

SCOOT GOOD MORNING

That question was brought up on another forum a while back and the answer was to tape over it with masking tape to protect it......:)

scooterguitar
07-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Really...

BILL
07-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Really...

makes sense...........to me....;)

scooterguitar
07-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Yeah, it does. Woudl the polish marr them or what, any examples behind thrie conclusion?

Neothin
07-18-2006, 09:23 AM
I polish/clean/liquid wax over my mom's beetle's vinyl pinstripes all the time and i'd have zero problems. Well, product does get caught along the edge, but take a rubber crevice tool that I got @ autozone and that's cleaned right up.

BILL
07-18-2006, 09:32 AM
Yeah, it does. Woudl the polish marr them or what, any examples behind thrie conclusion?

The reasoning would be that if those sripes are painted on and you accidently rub through somehow your in deep S*&t...if there tape?? i dont see much of a problem but the edges..........i would not take that chance with painted stripes with a customers car

Meghan
07-18-2006, 09:58 AM
I run right over them with my pc, no problems yet! Not sure about taking the yellow cutting pad and a serious swirl remover over them but havent had any trouble with grey, blue, white, or orange pad yet! :confused:

scooterguitar
07-18-2006, 10:10 AM
There are the stickr type.
Thanks peoples.

Meghan
07-18-2006, 10:26 AM
There are the stickr type.
Thanks peoples.
Sticker is what I was referring too.... glad to see the typos back, I kinda missed them! :(

scooterguitar
07-18-2006, 10:55 AM
I should be safe w/o then, as just needs light polish in those areas.
Geez, these scarcthes are huge, on each rearend bumper, she has backed into things and totally scratched. I am hitting it with everything I have and not really making a dent. Think I'll finish it up and use a heavy filling glaze and wax. Any recommendations?
Then I'll tell her to get a touchup marker and be done with it.

Meghan
07-18-2006, 11:04 AM
I should be safe w/o then, as just needs light polish in those areas.
Geez, these scarcthes are huge, on each rearend bumper, she has backed into things and totally scratched. I am hitting it with everything I have and not really making a dent. Think I'll finish it up and use a heavy filling glaze and wax. Any recommendations?
Then I'll tell her to get a touchup marker and be done with it.
Remmendations?? yes get her a bumper guard!:p
Or touch up paint for her stocking at Christmas!

FloridaNative
07-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Sticker is what I was referring too.... glad to see the typos back, I kinda missed them! :(

ROFLMAO!!! Ay Meghan!! You crack me up! :grouphug:

scooterguitar
07-18-2006, 11:48 AM
whet ya maken fin fer?

FloridaNative
07-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Oh my gosh! How in the WORLD did you become and English teacher? LOL