PDA

View Full Version : So APC or Degreaser all around safe versatile cleaner?

Pages : [1] 2

TrustJesus
12-26-2020, 07:42 PM
I know APC can be used in interior. Degreaser more for engine bays.

Does one have more cleaning ability then the other and be safe at the same time.

For example I was cleaning a truck the other day and the wheel wells would not clean.

I used APC 10:1 and nothing. I should of tried 4:1.

Maybe the degreaser could of got them clean?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

OMGClayAiken
12-26-2020, 07:51 PM
You might try Optimum Power Clean. Can dilute for multiple uses. I typically use at 3:1 for exterior or engine bays and 6:1 for interior. Straight for really grimy stuff. Safe for all automotive surfaces. I've really enjoyed this product; I think the only thing I use my APC is for cleaning pads anymore.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
12-26-2020, 07:54 PM
Been using Optimum power clean aka Alien Kleen since joining AG. The 3:1 ratio has worked on everything I've thrown at it[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
12-26-2020, 08:15 PM
I know APC can be used in interior. Degreaser more for engine bays.

Does one have more cleaning ability then the other and be safe at the same time.

For example I was cleaning a truck the other day and the wheel wells would not clean.

I used APC 10:1 and nothing. I should of tried 4:1.

Maybe the degreaser could of got them clean?

I personally use APC @10:1 for wheel wells and if they don’t come perfectly clean then oh well... Unless it’s a full on full detail, but otherwise I’m content with them getting a whole lot cleaner than before if they were That dirty.

But yes, definitely, some people use Super Degreaser for example for both tires and wheel wells.
I personally don’t because I’ve found that while the Super Degreaser is effective at cleaning wheel wells, there’s times where it’ll leave the plastic/rubber chalky white once it dries, and that’s the main reason I use APC @10:1.

+ I’ve long switched to Megs D143 for general tire cleaning which has all but phased Super Degreaser out of my rotation.

dgage
12-26-2020, 10:48 PM
I’ve long switched to Megs D143 for general tire cleaning which has all but phased Super Degreaser out of my rotation.

I just switched to that as well for light wheel/tire cleaning. What dilution(s) do you use?

Eldorado2k
12-27-2020, 03:30 AM
I just switched to that as well for light wheel/tire cleaning. What dilution(s) do you use?

2:1 [2 parts water, 1 part concentrate] works perfectly, dare I say even better than 1:1 for some strange reason.

I use it strictly for wheels & tires, never for wheel wells. I tried it once or twice on wells and didn’t like the results.

TrustJesus
12-28-2020, 01:49 AM
Ah ok thanks guys.
By the way is super degreaser safe inside plastics and vinyl?

TrustJesus
12-28-2020, 04:23 AM
This is the wheel well that wouldn’t get clean with APC 10:1.
2018 Suburban

TrustJesus
12-28-2020, 03:07 PM
So it’s normal that wheel wells don’t stay clean? The white film was still visible after drying. I had to use 303 protectant to give it that black look.

TrustJesus
12-28-2020, 06:18 PM
Can someone please answer if wheel wells stay clean with degreaser? I couldn’t get them clean 2018 Suburban.

They stayed with some white film, looking same basically.

The Guz
12-28-2020, 07:27 PM
It will clean them but not restore them. The plastic will age just like exterior trim. Dressing them like you did is a good way to keep them looking dark.

Coatingsarecrack
12-28-2020, 08:50 PM
Can someone please answer if wheel wells stay clean with degreaser? I couldn’t get them clean 2018 Suburban.

To follow up with what guz said maybe try a coating also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
12-28-2020, 11:42 PM
Ah ok thanks guys.
By the way is super degreaser safe inside plastics and vinyl?

No.

They actually are clean, it’s just that the Super Degreaser is too aggressive of a cleaner for that particular plastic.

Similar to when you sometimes run into tires that bloom after cleaning them with an aggressive tire cleaner, they’re clean but don’t exactly look like it once they dry. It’s because the cleaner is too aggressive on that particular surface. In both cases a dressing/protectant solves the issue.

OMGClayAiken
12-29-2020, 12:08 AM
This is one reason I'm a fan of Optimum Power Clean - it doesn't seem to cause any of the chalkiness that some apc / degreaser can cause. Really seems to just clean well and give a nice surface to dress once rinsed clean. Yes, it's more expensive but it gives me peace of mind knowing that its unlikely to have any negative effects on automotive surfaces.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

TrustJesus
12-29-2020, 03:26 AM
Thanks guys