PDA

View Full Version : Need to claybar/compound/polish/wash/wax without access to a hose...Help?

ItsKYRO
12-14-2020, 04:06 PM
What's up everyone, if i'm needing to do a full wash and wax (everything listed in title) without access to a hose, but i can fill up a couple buckets of water prior, what are my options? I don't know how I feel about spraying on a waterless wash bottle for all these steps as that can get pricey and I can't imagine would work overly well, is there something I can mix with a couple buckets worth of water that would work well in this scenario? Do any of you run into this issue when detailing?

Thanks

weekend warrior
12-14-2020, 04:33 PM
my only suggestion is they have a waterless spray wash....spray on wipe off....if your car is to dirty this may not be good for you

dgage
12-14-2020, 04:49 PM
I’m thinking of picking up the Worx Hydroshot Ultra pressure washer to do wheels in the winter as it can grab water from a 5-gallon bucket so no need for a hose. The less expensive Pro and regular versions can also draw from a bucket though hose are called “pressure cleaners”. That and some rinseless products should do you well, I use Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless. Rinseless could also be mixed for a clay lube.

The Guz
12-14-2020, 05:00 PM
Invest in a rinseless wash. Something like Optimum No Rinse or equivalent. I mention ONR because everyone is familiar with it. Mckees 37 N914 would be great.

glen e
12-14-2020, 05:22 PM
Here’s what I would do, you may feel different.
Find a touchless wash and just buy the rinse, no wax ,no extra stuff probably the cheapest on the menu
Take it home and do a rinseless wash with ONR, Uber or any good Product, change towels every 2 panels.
Then start your detail from there.

ItsKYRO
12-14-2020, 05:24 PM
Yep rinseless wash is definitely what I need to go for here I think, I forgot about rinseless I just knew i didnt want to go waterless. Thanks guys!

57Rambler
12-14-2020, 05:38 PM
Here’s what I would do, you may feel different.
Find a touchless wash and just buy the rinse, no wax ,no extra stuff probably the cheapest on the menu
Take it home and do a rinseless wash with ONR, Uber or any good Product, change towels every 2 panels.
Then start your detail from there.

:iagree:

What I do in the winter is take the vehicle to the coin-op car wash on a day when the roads are dry and I blast the worst of the dirt off. I use the final soft water rinse and then hit the highway to blow off the water. Then I head home for the garage and do a rinseless.

Yep rinseless wash is definitely what I need to go for here I think, I forgot about rinseless I just knew i didnt want to go waterless. Thanks guys!

Hence the beauty of a product like ONR or Uber ... 4 products in 1 --> rinseless, waterless, QD, & clay lube !

PaulMys
12-14-2020, 05:53 PM
Invest in a rinseless wash. Something like Optimum No Rinse or equivalent. I mention ONR because everyone is familiar with it. Mckees 37 N914 would be great.

Mike is 100% correct.

Besides ONR and N914, (which are both great) Wolfgang Uber and Griot's Brilliant Finish Rinseless are also very good IMO.

psnt1ol
12-15-2020, 01:19 AM
just a thought... there are pressure washer that can siphon water. I thought of getting one during the drought we had in CA a few years back.

I ended up going rinseless but there were a few times I really missed my pressure washer.