PDA

View Full Version : How to revive microfiber drying towels?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Eldorado2k
12-11-2020, 02:14 PM
I’ve got a bunch of drying towels that have become next to useless these days unless I use a drying aid/spray wax with them. This is getting more and more frustrating because my stubbornness keeps trying to use them.

Is there a real and proven way to revive drying towels? If so how’s it done?

It seems the only towels I have that still work are the waffle weaves, all the rest have turned into junk.

OMGClayAiken
12-11-2020, 02:23 PM
There are new products just out to address this. I'm hoping they work because I have the same issue.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Bill D
12-11-2020, 02:25 PM
I demoted several WW towels to house duty some time ago but if there is way to restore their performance, I'm all ears.

Wknd Dtlr
12-11-2020, 02:26 PM
Have you tried hot water wash, white vinegar in rinse cycle, and an additional rinse cycle?

OMGClayAiken
12-11-2020, 02:34 PM
Both Carpro and P&S have new detergents to fix this issue but it doesn't look like they are in stock yet.

Bill D
12-11-2020, 02:35 PM
I have but the MFs still perform poorly. They are old though, from 2005, so they have seen their day. My new PFMs work like a dream though.

psnt1ol
12-11-2020, 02:36 PM
Try soaking them in a solution of APC and water (I use a pad cleaner solution) for a bit then wash them with your MF detergent of your choice follow by a cup of white vinegar in the rinse cycle.

Eldorado2k
12-11-2020, 02:40 PM
Try soaking them in a solution of APC and water (I use a pad cleaner solution) for a bit then wash them with your MF detergent of your choice follow by a cup of white vinegar in the rinse cycle.

This has worked to fix your towels?

Eldorado2k
12-11-2020, 02:42 PM
Have you tried hot water wash, white vinegar in rinse cycle, and an additional rinse cycle?

I always wash in hot water. I haven’t tried the vinegar in a long time so I guess it’s worth a shot?

Both Carpro and P&S have new detergents to fix this issue but it doesn't look like they are in stock yet.

Oh really? Well now you’re talkin...

I wonder if washing them in Dawn dish soap would work?

psnt1ol
12-11-2020, 02:55 PM
They came out softer and the absorbency seemed to be restore for towels I use for drying. I think over time, products build up on the towels especially if you are those who likes to use drying aid.

The Guz
12-11-2020, 03:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAG4qsfHTaQ&t=5s&ab_channel=P%26SDetailProductsOfficial

Coatingsarecrack
12-11-2020, 03:14 PM
Boil them. Got this off Adams and read it in other places too. Maybe test a small batch.

This is link to article so i think its ok (not selling anything). If it gets removed just look up “Adams how to clean your MF”.

How to Clean your Microfiber Towels - Adam's Polishes (https://adamspolishes.com/blogs/news/how-to-clean-your-microfiber-towels-restoration-rejuvenation-and-maintenance)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
12-11-2020, 03:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAG4qsfHTaQ&t=5s&ab_channel=P%26SDetailProductsOfficial

Renny Doyles product helped ruin my towels... And now his product will revive my towels. Cool beans.

Boil them. Got this off Adams and read it in other places too. Maybe test a small batch.

This is link to article so i think its ok (not selling anything). If it gets removed just look up “Adams how to clean your MF”.

How to Clean your Microfiber Towels - Adam's Polishes (https://adamspolishes.com/blogs/news/how-to-clean-your-microfiber-towels-restoration-rejuvenation-and-maintenance)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea but how the heck am I going to boil a Big Blue towel? That thing is like a small blanket.

FUNX650
12-11-2020, 04:21 PM
When I find that my MF drying towels needs to
be revived, I’ve found the simplest way to have
a MF-towel related revival take place is to add
~1/4 cup of Simple Green to the wash cycle.

Of course...LA Awesome fans, instead, will
say ~1/4 cup of theirs is the better choice.
{I’ll have to give that a try sometime.}

Bob

Rsurfer
12-11-2020, 04:28 PM
Renny Doyles product helped ruin my towels... And now his product will revive my towels. Cool beans.

Yea but how the heck am I going to boil a Big Blue towel? That thing is like a small blanket.

A big pot and a blow torch.:D