PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions

danfont80
12-07-2020, 04:26 PM
Hi folks,

i m new here in the forum. i am writing from Brazil. i have a brand new tiguan rline and i would like to apply a coating.

since i start to read about, i discovered a world. i am very confused and i cannot define the best product for me.

here in Sao Paulo coating is probably something profitable because every automotive shop is offering a coating using gtechniq, ceramic pro, kisho, gyeon, sonax, faynlab and so on. Every shop is also trying to say that them brand is the best in the market, so is difficult for me to decide.

For sure, every of them are good prepared with organized workshop.

i am looking for a coating gloss oriented and great against water

Can you please help me with tips?
tks

Mike Phillips
12-07-2020, 04:34 PM
Welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

I completed understand your confusion. There are so many options.

Here's the deal, any established brand is going to be water-resistant - that's the nature of the beast.

What I tell people is - go with an established brand you already know and trust. Then follow directions.

:)

danfont80
12-07-2020, 04:42 PM
tks Mike. problem is...i don t know and trust in any brand.
can you suggest best quality price? :)

Kamakaz1961
12-07-2020, 04:44 PM
The Oracle Mike has Spoken! Name Brand should work. BTW, Welcome to Autogeek!

danfont80
12-07-2020, 04:46 PM
tks!

rick100
12-08-2020, 08:50 AM
Hi folks,

i m new here in the forum. i am writing from Brazil. i have a brand new tiguan rline and i would like to apply a coating.

since i start to read about, i discovered a world. i am very confused and i cannot define the best product for me.

here in Sao Paulo coating is probably something profitable because every automotive shop is offering a coating using gtechniq, ceramic pro, kisho, gyeon, sonax, faynlab and so on. Every shop is also trying to say that them brand is the best in the market, so is difficult for me to decide.

For sure, every of them are good prepared with organized workshop.

i am looking for a coating gloss oriented and great against water

Can you please help me with tips?
tks

most coatings do well against water but at the same time they do not do well. They are prone to water spotting issues so they usually recommend using a topper to help with that problem.

As far as brands , I would say most popular are car pro , gyeon , opti coat , kamikaze , gtechniq

In terms of maintenance , I find car pro is probably easier to follow, they make a whole variety of products that work with each other , once you get the hang of it , it just becomes very easy to follow. They also have more than one coating, cquartz uk v3 being the most popular one. You could easily mix and match some of them too , like cquartz uk/ gliss, cquartz uk/ sic , etc etc.

In terms of looks , its mostly about prep work before you apply the coating. That would be the main difference in looks. However for what I have seen on videos , forums and in person , I would have to say that if the panel is well prep before a coating then kamikaze miyabi / ISM / overcoat combo is very hard to beat . My main issue with kamikaze products for me is that they are hard to buy, they are also on the expensive side.

Im not saying that they other coatings look bad, all I m saying is that I think kamikaze coatings win in looks by a little bit overall. They other coatings still look very very good , most people probably will not even noticed the difference unless you put them side by side, and this is assuming both cars were prep exactly the same. So it is really up to you what works better.

Personally availability and products working which each other its important to me and car pro products are very available and they have so many products that once you are familiar with the brand it makes it very easy to follow. Plus their products are more in the affordable side compare to other guys

find out what brands are available in your country first. All these ceramic coatings required some type of maintenance if you want to keep them looking good and lasting a long time

danfont80
12-08-2020, 10:47 AM
tks man! i can find here car pro too. do you suggest cquartz uk v3 so?

rick100
12-08-2020, 02:10 PM
tks man! i can find here car pro too. do you suggest cquartz uk v3 so?

cquartz uk v3 is the most popular car pro coating. You could choose cquartz uk v3 and just maintain the coating with car pro reload, or choose another ceramic topper every 2-3 months ; this would be what most people are doing with coating , or you could take it a step further and choose to top cquartz uk v3 with another very durable product to enhanced gloss, slickness , this product would be car pro gliss ( check youtube videos), Keep in mind reload is a sealant with 2-3 months duration , while car pro gliss has up to 6 months duration .

Car pro also has a new coating called car pro SIC , which looks to me like a combination of cquartz uk v3 with car pro gliss type of coating. Its still relative new so I cant say much about that, I m not even sure if its available in your country . Early reviews seem positive, check them out in youtube. Some people are even saying to combine cquartz uk as a base coat and apply cquartz SIC on top.

I also believe that they have a another coating call cquartz finest, which I believe is only available to certified shops , don't quote on that, but I m pretty sure they have something available only for detailing shops , so do not be surprised if this is what your detailer is offering. You may have to dig a little bit into this as I m not 100% sure

Sorry if I m getting too detail , bottom line is the most popular coating from car pro is cquartz uk V3. But overall car pro is a good company making good products for the most part, specially their ceramic coatings.

Bruno Soares
12-08-2020, 02:22 PM
I could write in Portuguese but better keep it in English so the rest of the forum can participate.

As I was born in São Paulo, I know it's not always so simple to wash your own car. So the first thing you should ask yourself is how will you maintain that car? Will it be washed properly or will the wash destroy the coating you're spending a decent amount on?

If you're able to wash it yourself, using 3 buckets, grit guards, etc, then the coating is good as long as you have a garage. With the air pollution in SAO and the tendency of coatings to get water spots. I would think a car that sits outside all the time will have water spots in no time down there.

Personally I've used a few different coatings (McKee's 37, Gyeon, CarPro). Right now I use CQ UK 3.0 topped with Gliss V2 and I'm very happy with it. I had Gyeon Syncro before and that was also great for me though some in the forum didn't have as much luck. McKee's 37 I would not use again based on my previous experience, it's not bad, but it's so much work to prep a car for a coating, if you're doing that then you may as well coat it with something better.

Good luck and welcome to AGO!

danfont80
12-08-2020, 02:47 PM
Fala Bruno!! tks for the feedback. my idea is to wash the car in the same place where i will do the coating. It will be more expensive, but i have no other option since i m living in an apartment. I can also try to wash outside somewhere by myself, but will not be easy to do. Car pro here in SP is not easy to find. the closest is in Jundiai (almost 80km far). Gtechniq is close to my area (Brooklin) so probably i will do with them (CSL+exo). After reading and reading i wanted to try Car Pro as also suggested by rick100, but unfortunatly is far and not so easy to manage.

Bruno Soares
12-08-2020, 03:31 PM
CSL + ExO V4 will be fine, that's good stuff.