PDA

View Full Version : Will pad cleaner damage paint?

marlinspike
12-06-2020, 02:54 PM
I accidentally grabbed the wrong thing and use Wolfgang Pad Werks instead of my clay bar lubricant. Did basically half the car before I noticed. Will this stuff attack paint, or once wiped off am I ok to just keep going with my normal glaze and then wax?

UncleDavy
12-06-2020, 06:06 PM
I would say that you are safe with the Wolfgang Pad Werks. Your clearcoat is a lot harder than the foam or wool on polishing pads and the Pad Werks does not deteriorate them.

marlinspike
12-06-2020, 06:09 PM
Ok, I hope you're right. It disintigrated the clay bar, which is how I noticed what I had done, and it got me worried.

UncleDavy
12-06-2020, 06:14 PM
If you have a paint thickness gauge, try to take some measurements to see if there is a difference in the clear coat in the areas that were not clayed.

marlinspike
12-06-2020, 07:06 PM
Oh, it won't have done that, I put an inspection light on it and no signs of abrasion. I was worried it might have a solvent in it that 12 hours later eats the paint off (once had a body shop put a rag on my roof with thinner on it, I picked up the car and 6 hours later my roof paint was melting. They owned up to it thankfully)