PDA

View Full Version : Foaming Waterless Wash

Bladegunner
12-06-2020, 01:17 PM
So I bought a Marolex Axel Foamer and had some Adams Ultra foam shampoo from a mystery box and some Mckees WW concentrate put about an oz of each in a gallon of distilled water and into my sprayer. Figured I better try this on my work truck a Chevy Colorado before using it on my rigs. I was surprised it actually foamed up pretty good and did a nice cleanup on a dusty work truck.

Had to keep the pressure up on the spray bottle but other than that very happy with results. Anyone else have any homemade recipes for making foam?

Klasse Act
12-06-2020, 01:24 PM
I would never think to use a carwash soap as a WW. The AMMO NYC Frothe has been to foam but is an actual WW. That said, I'm glad it worked. I assume after cleaning the panel some haze was left behind that simply buffed away[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bladegunner
12-06-2020, 01:38 PM
The ultra foam shampoo is made for foam cannons which I do not have. The truck is white so didn't notice any haze but cleaned up nice.
I didn't really think about it much just used what I had and figured the UFS would give me some foam. Just trying to get a foaming WW.

Klasse Act
12-06-2020, 01:43 PM
The ultra foam shampoo is made for foam cannons which I do not have. The truck is white so didn't notice any haze but cleaned up nice.
I didn't really think about it much just used what I had and figured the UFS would give me some foam. Just trying to get a foaming WW.They make a designated foaming WW, it's from AMMO NYC and it's called Frothe[emoji6] It has surficants in it that cause the product to evaporate so you don't have to do as much work.

Bruno Soares
12-06-2020, 01:49 PM
Problem with using a normal soap is it needs to be rinsed, it wasn’t made to be a waterless wash.

The only foaming waterless wash I know of is AMMO Frothe.

robwoodgto
05-15-2021, 10:59 PM
They make a designated foaming WW, it's from AMMO NYC and it's called Frothe[emoji6] It has surficants in it that cause the product to evaporate so you don't have to do as much work.

Just a bump to a not so old thread. I was actually going to experiment with Meguiars D114/115 products with a foaming aerator which caused me to find this thread but was planning to chat with Meguiars on Monday about this. If AmmoNYC 's Frothe is the only product designated as a foaming WW I have to wonder why some other company hasn't produced a product like this as well.

FUNX650
05-15-2021, 11:17 PM
Just a bump to a not so old thread.

I was actually going to experiment
with Meguiars D114/115 products
with a foaming aerator

was planning to chat with Meguiars
on Monday about this.

In the meantime:

D114 does have somewhat of a limited
foaming action when agitated in a wash
bucket; and/or when shaken (not stirred)
in a spray bottle.

•Nonetheless, IMO:
-It’ll probably have an more pronounced
foaming action when being dispensed
through a foaming aerator.

:idea:
Try it @1:128 dilution ratio; adjust
the solution’s strength as needed.

Bob

Coatingsarecrack
05-16-2021, 12:55 AM
American detail garage fuzion can be used as a bucket soap or a waterless. Will foam in a foamer

3D also makes a foamimg rinseless but has to be ordered from Canada.

A company named detail PoPo also makes one.

Lastly a company called Owners Pride makes a product called Eco Wash that is waterless but works well in a foamer.

I was gonna try some of these but got a really good deal on Frothe so am well stocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robwoodgto
05-16-2021, 07:03 AM
I was gonna try some of these but got a really good deal on Frothe so am well stocked.

Can't beat a really good deal. Thanks for the info. I will check them out and also Frothe.

Klasse Act
05-16-2021, 07:13 AM
I really liked Frothe coming out of the gate and I especially liked the concept of the foam. The foam gives you this "cushion barrier" for winter cleaning of salt that puts your mind at ease. The thing was though, when I'd go back and use something like N914 or Griot's Garage Brillant Finish RW it was easier to use and wiped away now. The foam from the Frothe was harder to "'mop up" and yes, it has chemicals in it that evaporate but for me I like to see the car cleaned and dried NOW[emoji6] To sum it up I had to use it a number of times to realize how messy it was but for those who like it like Crack, have at it[emoji106][emoji106]

robwoodgto
05-16-2021, 09:40 AM
I haven't found anything as versatile for me as N914. I use it all winter (even though we don't have the salt down in south Louisiana) and at other times when I am in a hurry. I dilute 1:128 and use it as a WW and haven't had any issues with it. I do however like the McKees WW but I would prefer the older version without the SIO2 but I don't think they make that. Plus, I just like N914 a lot.

I am planning on flooring my garage and I am trying to cut back on the mess but I guess I am fighting a losing battle here even if I go to Frothe but probably will try it.

Klasse Act
05-16-2021, 11:21 AM
I haven't found anything as versatile for me as N914. I use it all winter (even though we don't have the salt down in south Louisiana) and at other times when I am in a hurry. I dilute 1:128 and use it as a WW and haven't had any issues with it. I do however like the McKees WW but I would prefer the older version without the SIO2 but I don't think they make that. Plus, I just like N914 a lot.

I am planning on flooring my garage and I am trying to cut back on the mess but I guess I am fighting a losing battle here even if I go to Frothe but probably will try it.I would encourage you to try Griot's Garage Brillant Finish rinseless wash. It's a tad cheaper than N914 and available here on AG AND it's a great company[emoji106][emoji6][emoji779]

Coatingsarecrack
05-16-2021, 02:34 PM
I really liked Frothe coming out of the gate and I especially liked the concept of the foam. The foam gives you this "cushion barrier" for winter cleaning of salt that puts your mind at ease. The thing was though, when I'd go back and use something like N914 or Griot's Garage Brillant Finish RW it was easier to use and wiped away now. The foam from the Frothe was harder to "'mop up" and yes, it has chemicals in it that evaporate but for me I like to see the car cleaned and dried NOW[emoji6] To sum it up I had to use it a number of times to realize how messy it was but for those who like it like Crack, have at it[emoji106][emoji106]

Next time you try it just go over and remove the bulk of it with your cleaning towel. First use a drying aid and dry the rest off. Comes completely clean except crevices.

Lastly if your mixing it strong [emoji123] use it at regular dilution.

I’m like you where i like to use a little extra of concentrates fro cleaning power but found thid wasn’t a good thing with Frothe.