PDA

View Full Version : My porter cable just broke

waterman
12-02-2020, 09:22 PM
Hello,

My porter cable just broke, now I’m ready to buy another polisher. I have the Makita 5000c and Griots g8.

I am trying to decide between the g9 and g15. Why is the g15 considered more for professionals? After getting the 5 inch backing plate there is a 60.00 difference.I am also considering the cordless flex, but I don’t know if I want to spend that much money.

Thanks

UncleDavy
12-02-2020, 09:34 PM
The G9 is a great machine and a lot less money.

Coatingsarecrack
12-02-2020, 10:08 PM
Hello,

My porter cable just broke, now I’m ready to buy another polisher. I have the Makita 5000c and Griots g8.

I am trying to decide between the g9 and g15. Why is the g15 considered more for professionals? After getting the 5 inch backing plate there is a 60.00 difference.I am also considering the cordless flex, but I don’t know if I want to spend that much money.

Thanks

From what i researched when i had same question (bought g15) is that the longer throw is more likely to stall rotation. You probably know but a DA moves the pad head in an orbit while the head also rotates/spins.

The ling throw’s can loose rotation On curved/convexed panels easier. You have to have better technique to keep pad rotating. I also read that the 15 is more aggressive but i personally dont think thats an issue just keep pad head moving.

I did take a little bit to get use to but after 2/3 uses it’s just as easy to use as my 3”.

If g9 was out when i bought mine (it wasn’t) i woulda went with that as i was not a fan of gg6 ergonomics or controls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RippyD
12-02-2020, 10:56 PM
See Mike's review of the G9.