PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys use on frames?

JHForman
12-02-2020, 04:29 AM
This is my truck, it has 12K miles on it and hasnt seen any nasty weather or anything, the frame has dulled out. I used a wash mit on one side and it come out pretty good on the section i washed. Does anyone have a faster better way to clean up the frame ?

acuRAS82
12-02-2020, 07:19 AM
This is my truck, it has 12K miles on it and hasnt seen any nasty weather or anything, the frame has dulled out. I used a wash mit on one side and it come out pretty good on the section i washed. Does anyone have a faster better way to clean up the frame ?

All purpose cleaner with a dirty rag and then waterless wash?

I’m actually here just to subscribe to this thread and hear people’s thoughts before I take my summer wheels off.

2black1s
12-02-2020, 11:23 AM
I never tried it for your situation but here's a thought...

Try some motorcycle cleaner like S100 Total Cycle Cleaner or Meguiar's Motorcycle EZ Clean. These products are designed to be sprayed on and then rinsed with a high volume water blast after a short dwell time with little to no scrubbing necessary.

Either of these products dissolve and rinse away the road grime pretty effectively on their own. Obviously there are limitations but I think your frame and chassis components are a good candidate.

Short of manually cleaning with brushes, rags, etc., I think the Motorcycle Cleaners have a pretty good chance to provide acceptable results.

I'm almost certain that AG sells either of the products I mentioned.

fly07sti
12-02-2020, 11:38 AM
I use a flag tipped brush with a cleaner that AG does not sell and it keeps my frame looking good. I really like Sonus motor kote if I’m feeling like I want to dress my wheel wells. FWIW, I have a lifted Tundra so I understand having all that suspension being so visible.

John U
12-02-2020, 12:23 PM
Car resellers use Zep 45 or WD40 to 'spiff up" a frame so it looks good for online photo's.

BurnsDetailing
12-02-2020, 02:06 PM
I use Gtechniq W5 Citrus APC, let it dwell and then blast it with the steam cleaner. Since I'm usually spraying the wheel liners with it, I'll use Sonax Plastic Care on some of the visible components as well.

JDGolden
12-03-2020, 07:34 AM
I blast mine with the power washer, foam it, and scrub with brushes. It's never a fast process.

I've always wondered if the undercarriage detailers (Griots Undercarriage Spray, CG Barebones etc) help with maintenance.