PDA

View Full Version : What LSP do the pros use?

ShaneK
11-28-2020, 07:34 PM
I detail for family, friends and occasional paying customer. Most have never paid for a detail and do little to maintain their car’s appearance. I get these vehicles a couple of times a year. I look for maximum durability out of LSP’s. I’m curious what the pros use on daily drivers that they only see 2-3 times a year. Thanks for all of the info you folks share!

Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN
11-28-2020, 08:30 PM
I detail for family, friends and occasional paying customer. Most have never paid for a detail and do little to maintain their car’s appearance. I get these vehicles a couple of times a year. I look for maximum durability out of LSP’s. I’m curious what the pros use on daily drivers that they only see 2-3 times a year. Thanks for all of the info you folks share!I like BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax on my darker colored vehicles, and Pinnacle Liquid Souveran on my lighter colored vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

PaulMys
11-28-2020, 08:55 PM
"Pros" use whatever will:

A) Make them the most money with the least amount effort. (One-steps, spray-on sealants, etc.) Or......

B) Whatever the customer has agreed upon, and is willing to pay for. (Complete paint decontamination, correction, and professional coatings).

All depends on the individual circumstances.

Craig Encinitas
11-28-2020, 10:46 PM
My buddy, who is a full time mobile detailer, only uses custom mixed polymer sealants. Heck, it may only be one kind. He has never used any type of ceramic LSP. He’s very efficient at production work.

Keep it simple.

Unlike myself, who feels the need to try every product under the sun.

Shane731
11-29-2020, 12:54 AM
The key to durability for any wax or sealant is regular maintenance. At the minimum, you should be doing a wash with a booster product at least once a month. That being said, maybe take a look at the Collinite line. I got some surprising results out of Collinite 845 when I applied it at the end of November/first of December and then did not touch it again for two months.

Collinite 845 - the "Rocky Balboa" of waxes (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/32323-collinite-845-rocky-balboa-waxes.html)

ShaneK
11-29-2020, 06:32 AM
Thanks for the reply. I’m definitely a Collinite fan. Somehow I managed to post the original thread twice and I replied in the other thread.