PDA

View Full Version : mixing products

k20z3kid
04-04-2008, 11:17 AM
im curious if anyone has experimented with mixing different products and if you got good/bad results from doing so. the only real mixing i have heard of people doing is putting a dot of optimum polish on the pad when using menzerna because it supposedly minimizes dusting.

is there anything else anyone has tried? obviously the paste products would be much more challenging to mix but what about with liquid waxes/sealants/polishes/etc.?

ScottB
04-05-2008, 07:56 AM
I dont mix much, although polycharger and most sealants would be the obvious exception.

macman3130
04-19-2009, 03:11 PM
i just mixed some poorboys paste and some nxt liquid cause they were both almost empty and i wanted to try something new, ive got some mixed aq and megs qd and its aight, nothing amazing but it does same to have more cleaning power than just plan aw. and adds some the shine that the megs qd is lacking. i kinda just mix a few things when im running low just to see what will happen. havent found any miracales yet but ive got a thread called mixing waxes were im put some pics after i use that paste/liquid mix

Ryan
04-19-2009, 03:16 PM
I usually use my menzerna strait up, however I do mix P21S TAW with 901 as presoak in a foam gun before washing my si.

Jimmie
04-19-2009, 03:46 PM
One real winner is Vanilla Moose and Red Moose 50/50. It's a well known mix called "Pink Moose".
Had one experiment go awry. I mixed DP Tire Gloss with Surf City Tire Pro to try to amp up the gloss a little. Every day that mixed bottle would be sitting in a blue puddle and anything rubber in the same area would be slick (like golf grips).