PDA

View Full Version : Been thinking to much

Pages : [1] 2 3

weekend warrior
11-17-2020, 03:31 PM
I am retired....plenty of time on my hands....I wash my car 3 to 4 times a month because my car sits outside 24/7....I use WF Uber SIO2 coating wash...and after I use a SIO2 spray paint sealant.....I did my car with ceramic coating about three months ago...should I use a ceramic coating spray ILO sealant spray....like I said I have plenty of time on my hands.

acuRAS82
11-17-2020, 03:39 PM
What types of products would you consider to be ‘ceramic coating spray’ versus (SiO2?) ‘spray sealant’?

I assume you are categorizing your SiO2 Spray Sealant as a spray sealant. What are you currently using after WG Coating Wash?

weekend warrior
11-17-2020, 04:05 PM
thats the trouble with me...I get confused what to use....I been trying to stay with WF and BF products....this is going to sound crazy...my car looks good...but I want it to be better....after using WG coating wash I use WG uber SIO2 silica spray....or BF SIO2 paint sealant...what ever product I am going to use I will still apply it after every wash...I just enjoy doing it

Rsurfer
11-17-2020, 04:19 PM
thats the trouble with me...I get confused what to use....I been trying to stay with WF and BF products....this is going to sound crazy...my car looks good...but I want it to be better....after using WG coating wash I use WG uber SIO2 silica spray....or BF SIO2 paint sealant...

It's all in the polishing my friend. Like you, I like to try different products. My paint is so protected it's bullet proof.:D.

Car Pro's Finest 1 yr. ago. Various spray coating including Reload, Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating and the latest 303 Graphene spray coating.:laughing:

acuRAS82
11-17-2020, 04:21 PM
What coating are you using?

Regardless what spray you end up with in the end, I might recommend switching between coating wash once a month and silica spray once a month. Sometimes too many toppers can lose the clarity of the surface. And I would bet that your silica sprays and WG Coating Wash are leaving down very similar protection which may be building up.

I’ll wait for more responses before suggesting any other sprays.

FUNX650
11-17-2020, 05:12 PM
should I use a ceramic coating spray
ILO sealant spray....like I said I have
plenty of time on my hands.
IMO:
In this case ”should” should not be the
definitive word. Instead: can; will; why not...
is more appropriate...amiright?

...I been trying to stay with WF and
BF products....

what ever product I am going to use
I will still apply it after every wash...
I just enjoy doing it

•If WF stands for Wolfgang...then,
I’ll say why not go with:
-Wolfgang’s Über Ceramic Spray Coating
{used to “boost”/(enhance) existing Coatings}

•Or (and speaking of “boost”):
-BLACKFIRE’s Coating Booster
(why, its very name bellows “boost”.)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/2F031115-6764-4633-A0CA-BD875C16F7FC.jpeg

Have FUN!!

Bob

Craig Encinitas
11-17-2020, 05:14 PM
Plenty of time...

When the quarantine started, I learned how to do ceramic coatings.
You could try a long-term coating on your car.

I used CarPro Cquartz UK 3.0 and topped it with Gliss. My car stays cleaner longer and when it rains, it gets about 70% clean on its own. I used to really stress out when it got dirty and was washing it once a week. Now, I have trouble finding motivation to clean it.

In my opinion, that freshly polished shine will get locked in for a couple years. Even when my car is dirty, it still shines. What a conundrum.

gorillapr
11-17-2020, 06:07 PM
To me the best SiO2 Spray Coating (on paper, I havent use it yet) is the WG Ceramic Spray Coating.
They claim (like it matters) 1 yera durability and extremely hydrophobic. Lorch did 4 durability videos on this product and it seems to be amazing. Interesting thing that you DO NOT need to throw away your towel or applicator after using it, different than Adams Spray Coating, Adams Graphene Spray Coating, Tac Systems Moonlight or TLC Black Ice (sorry for mentioning those but are the only direct contenders that I can think of), those you DO NEED to throw away towels and applicator and durability/hydrophobic is similar to the WG

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

57Rambler
11-17-2020, 06:11 PM
I am retired....plenty of time on my hands....I wash my car 3 to 4 times a month because my car sits outside 24/7....I use WF Uber SIO2 coating wash...and after I use a SIO2 spray paint sealant.....I did my car with ceramic coating about three months ago...should I use a ceramic coating spray ILO sealant spray....like I said I have plenty of time on my hands.

Do the WG Uber Coating Wash every other wash. Hit the car with WG Uber Ceramic Spray or WG Uber Silica Spray every other month. Anymore than that and you are running up against diminishing returns.

weekend warrior
11-18-2020, 11:11 AM
want to thank everyone for their response...I didn't realize putting a fresh coat of sealant on every week was a bad idea....what about if I use a spray sealant or spray coating once a month?...thanks again...want to say my car sits outside 24/7

acuRAS82
11-18-2020, 11:15 AM
want to thank everyone for their response...I didn't realize putting a fresh coat of sealant on every week was a bad idea....what about if I use a spray sealant once a month?...thanks again...want to say my car seats outside 24/7

Use the spray sealant once a month then.

I do think WG CSC would be the best topper option for your situation, but the SiO2 Spray Sealants aren’t a bad choice by any means. But they are loaded with some polymers it seems, so using too frequently likely causes buildup that could be inhibiting your shine. Others may not have this problem, to me every paint is a bit unique.

weekend warrior
11-18-2020, 05:14 PM
Use the spray sealant once a month then.

I do think WG CSC would be the best topper option for your situation, but the SiO2 Spray Sealants aren’t a bad choice by any means. But they are loaded with some polymers it seems, so using too frequently likely causes buildup that could be inhibiting your shine. Others may not have this problem, to me every paint is a bit unique.

I do have Profl ceramic detail spray....would that be alright to use...once a month

Rsurfer
11-18-2020, 05:19 PM
I do have Profl ceramic detail spray....would that be alright to use...once a month

Since its a detail spray and not a spray coating, I would say absolutely.

weekend warrior
11-18-2020, 05:40 PM
Since its a detail spray and not a spray coating, I would say absolutely.

say in 6 months should I use a One step ..to clean...polish ....protect...does that make sense

Rsurfer
11-18-2020, 07:38 PM
say in 6 months should I use a One step ..to clean...polish ....protect...does that make sense

If it needs it..remember every time you polish, you're removing clear coat.