PDA

View Full Version : Interior detailing - do you always use your extractor?

duffthebluff
11-09-2020, 02:07 PM
Hello,

It's actually my first time to get an extractor for interior cleaning. I am curious though, do other detailers always extract the carpet or is it a case-to-case basis? If the carpet is relatively clean with only light dust, should I still use my extractor?

On the other hand, I do have a steamer. I did steam a couple of clients whose carpets were actually clean but I did it anyway. Did I just waste my time in doing this?

TTQ B4U
11-09-2020, 02:25 PM
Hello,

It's actually my first time to get an extractor for interior cleaning. I am curious though, do other detailers always extract the carpet or is it a case-to-case basis? If the carpet is relatively clean with only light dust, should I still use my extractor?

On the other hand, I do have a steamer. I did steam a couple of clients whose carpets were actually clean but I did it anyway. Did I just waste my time in doing this?

No. I'm not sure what all equipment you have but I have a number of different tools I use depending on the surface and condition of it.

What type of package are you selling them?

I break mine down into Basic Interior Cleaning where it's DRY only. Tornador Vac if needed but otherwise a standard. Light wipe down of hard surfaces but not with steam.

My next package up is the Premium & Elite Interior Cleaning where I do move to a wet method but it may be something as simply as a steamer and a damp MF towel over seats or carpets, it may be that I need to break out the tornador velocity vac with a light mist of water or yes, I may in fact fire up the full extractor which of course would do the best job.

All really depends on what your client has purchased based on the expectations set. The above methods are also a means for me to help ease someone who is looking for a nice interior job but doesn't want to pay for a full steam extraction. Think of it like paint correction services. Nothing is black and white; there are shades in-between that they may want.

Just my take on things.

2black1s
11-09-2020, 02:27 PM
My opinion... The same "least aggressive method" that will get the job done, as is typically applied to paint correction discussions, should be applied universally regardless of the task. That includes interiors... And any of life's tasks in general.