PDA

View Full Version : Can I use any sealant over BF One Step?

Pages : [1] 2

bcgreen
11-09-2020, 09:37 AM
I have some Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, Sonax Net Shield and TW Ice Seal N Shine and would like to know if there is any detriment or is there some definite durability? This is going to be used on a black DD in AZ.

pilotpip
11-09-2020, 10:17 AM
Try a test spot, but I've never really seen the point in topping AIOs since they offer their own protection to begin with.

My general rule is to stick with the same product lines when using more than one thing to make sure they play well together.

Jayfro
11-09-2020, 10:25 AM
I’ve used BF One Step with both PNS and WGDGPS with wonderful results on my black Acura TLX.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

bcgreen
11-09-2020, 10:29 AM
I’ve used BF One Step with both PNS and WGDGPS with wonderful results on my black Acura TLX.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Can you give me what exactly were the results you appreciated.

Jayfro
11-09-2020, 11:12 AM
On the Acura which has fairly soft paint, the correction ability was close to perfection...or at least my version on perfection! Applying PNS was very straight forward and since it was my first time using PNS it took me a little bit of experimentation but once i got a hang of it, it was very good.

Six - nine months later, i got the bug to change and stripped the PNS off with One Step and applied WGDGPS...super easy on and super easy off and the shine/gloss/slickness was incredible.

On my wife's white BMW X3, since the X3 paint is on the harder side, it took a little more work with One Step and I wasnt striving for perfection since it's white...and it's my wife's car it came out very well, not as good as the Acura but still looked great. Applying PNS to her car was easier than mine for whatever reason.

I will say the WGDGPS on her white X3 looked awesome and super slick, better than PNS which i really liked. I may give PNS the edge on self-cleaning...only slight though but overall I'm a WGDGPS fan!

Saying all of this, I may switch her car to Dr. Beasey's Z1 in the spring since it look so intriguing...I like to use her car as the Guinea Pig since it's white and the paint is on the harder side and little easier for me to work with....the Acura is a little more challenging.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Jay

bcgreen
11-09-2020, 11:25 AM
PNS is?

WaxMaster1
11-09-2020, 11:31 AM
PNS is?

Sonax polymer net shield

bcgreen
11-09-2020, 11:37 AM
Sonax polymer net shield

Had a suspicion that might be it minus 'S'
Might be killer look on a black P car.

Mike Hoekstra
11-09-2020, 12:58 PM
You can, but you are only making extra work for yourself stacking a sealant on a sealant.

bcgreen
11-09-2020, 01:10 PM
You can, but you are only making extra work for yourself stacking a sealant on a sealant.

I understand, but would SPNS last longer than BF OS alone?

FUNX650
11-09-2020, 04:30 PM
•If I was contemplating topping an AIO,
-I would wait for around a month to do so.
(That would at least give the AIO’s protection
component a chance to demonstrate its mettle.)

•After the above waiting period has elapsed,
-I personally would go with Wolfgang Deep
Gloss Paint Sealant as the topper.
-(Both of the Sonax/Turtle Wax products you
mentioned gets the short end of the stick in
this scenario.)

Bob

Dr Oldz
11-09-2020, 05:25 PM
I put BF sealant, BF Midnight sun, BF hybrid liquid wax and BF Black montan wax all on top of One Step with great results.

Durability was also lengthened considerably over the month or so over step provides on its own.

Avgguy
11-10-2020, 05:54 PM
My goto for adding durability to a 1 step is still Collinite 845. On HD Speed it adds approximately 6 months protection IN MY OPINION. It's very ez to put on and take off.

PaulMys
11-10-2020, 05:58 PM
My goto for adding durability to a 1 step is still Collinite 845. On HD Speed it adds approximately 6 months protection IN MY OPINION. It's very ez to put on and take off.

^^^Agree 100% with all^^^

57Rambler
11-10-2020, 06:20 PM
I am not sold on the concept of adding a sealant on top of another sealant.

We strive to chemically and physically decontaminate a paint surface in order to enhance the "bonding" of a sealant to the paint. In the case of adding a second sealant over an initial one, surely the second sealant is not going to be "bonding" with the paint surface.

If you need light correction + protection, I suspect that use of a standalone polish followed with a standalone sealant, will offer the same durability as an AIO followed by a second standalone sealant.