PDA

View Full Version : VETERANS DAY SALE?!

VenomSS
11-07-2020, 06:34 AM
While I appreciate you are recognizing and honoring Veterans on Veterans Day....Thank you!

The Sale was not well thought out...

Most Veterans are on a budget.

On Most of your other sales or Holidays...You offer...Free Shipping over $50 or $95.

For Veterans Day...its over $125!!

Why do Veterans have too buy/pay more to get free shipping?

Sorry but that doesn't really...Honor or help!

2wookies
11-07-2020, 10:27 AM
Hey man, active duty checking in...don’t complain about lack of discounts for a holiday. Just bad form.

VenomSS
11-07-2020, 10:50 AM
Hey man, active duty checking in...don’t complain about lack of discounts for a holiday. Just bad form.

That's your opinion and your entitled too it...If do not like what I said...That is on you also.
However...
I ALSO, have a right to say what I feel. I will post my feelings and say what I want...within the Froum Rules! I don not come into your posts and tell you...You are wrong....and to use your Quote, It is...Just Bad Form!!!

Thank you for your service!

DMiglio
11-07-2020, 11:55 AM
I think it’s wonderful they offer regular discount codes or lately, discounts on specific brands with $50 free shipping.

I actually wish special holidays honoring those who’ve served or are serving be the only group to receive the discounts on those days. This coming from somebody too cowardice to serve..

davidc
11-07-2020, 01:01 PM
Maybe do what some other sites do. Email,fax etc. proof of being a Veteran, DD214, VA card etc. and you get some kind of benefit. They add that special thing to your account so everytime you order the benefit is applied.

KBsToy
11-07-2020, 02:51 PM
Being an enthusiast and retired military sometimes just free shipping helps me because I do not purchase a bunch of items.

Desertnate
11-09-2020, 09:04 AM
Retired Vet here as well. I just appreciate the thought and didn't see it as a big deal. Every business can do as they please, and in this tough economic climate everyone is fighting for survival. Costs are up across the board and they can't give stuff away at a loss.

The nice thing about Autogeek and Autopia are the sales are pretty frequent. If you don't like this sale wait a week or so and there will be another one possibly with better terms like free shipping or an even bigger discount. They do it all the time, specific holiday related or not. This was just another sale in a long like they offer.

Craig Encinitas
11-09-2020, 10:00 AM
^
Plus, on my last order, they tossed a coupon card in the box with a code that isn’t advertised on the website and is good for a limited time. That’s a good way to get repeat customers.

dgage
11-09-2020, 11:17 AM
Fixed it for you since it worked to get me to buy more stuff than I should have. :)

^
That’s an insidious way to get repeat customers.

Craig Encinitas
11-10-2020, 05:26 PM
^
Hahah. If you only knew.
At least buying stuff from AG makes me money. Unlike all those years I spent drinking.

weekend warrior
11-10-2020, 05:35 PM
I happen to agree with you I served also....and I think why do you have to buy $125 to get any discount...