PDA

View Full Version : Bug problem

97Avenger
04-03-2008, 07:16 PM
I washed 2 vechicles saturday. Both of them had bug splatter all over the front. I used some bug and tar remover on both of them and even used some DP gel wheel cleaner on it since it was safe for all paints and none of it came off. So I took a closer look at them and it looks like it ate right thru the paint. Cause I took my finger over it and my finger went down a little then came back up. What could I do to fix that or would the customers have to take it to the body shop to have it sanded down and repainted?

ScottB
04-03-2008, 07:20 PM
if they etched the paint you are screwed, tell owners to keep a little Poorboys Bug Squash in a small travel size bottle and use when appropriate.

97Avenger
04-03-2008, 07:26 PM
I think the bugs etched the paint. I tried scrubbing at it for awhile and it still looked the same. I'll tell them to keep a bottle.

Kris R
11-25-2008, 08:20 AM
iM searching for an answer for this as well. Ive noticed a lot of cars I do have bad etching. Are there any methods with a rotary that smooth out the edges of the etching? That maybe hide it some? Or can you wet sand it? Fill it with something?

For example a black car i did the other day has BAD etching and it made the car look bad even after i made the rest of the paint look like a swirl free mirror...