PDA

View Full Version : AIO in 2021

Calendyr
11-03-2020, 07:49 PM
Hello guys!

I missed you during the high season for my detailing business but now that business is slowing down for winter, I will be able to come here more often and chat with everyone.

So this year I decided to try McKee's 37 360 as my AIO to take advantage of the 1Y protection it leaves behind. Unfortunately on my first attempt to use it, I ran into the same problem I had with CarPro Essence:
If I work it long enough to do good correction (4-5 passes), it is pretty much impossible to wipe off. I work outdoor, usually in the blazing sun so many products are not compatible with that work environment, and that includes 360.

I have been using Meguiars D166 Ultra Polishing Wax since it came out and I like that product a lot. My only issue is that protection is probably between 3-6 months. I would like to get something that offers more.

Any suggestion on a replacement AIO that could offer 1 year protection and is usable outside when the sun is shining?

briarpatch
11-03-2020, 08:27 PM
Any suggestion on a replacement AIO that could offer 1 year protection and is usable outside when the sun is shining?

Following.....mainly because I do not know of one either

JustJesus
11-03-2020, 08:32 PM
Do those two provide that 1 year durability? Wow, if they do.

I've used BF One Step, Rupes UNO Protect, and Poorboy's World in the sunny weather. Some in fairly hot temps. Can't say I'd get close to a year of protection with those, though. UNO, I'm still working with as it's new, but I'm still in the "testing for my needs" phase with it.

Coatingsarecrack
11-03-2020, 08:37 PM
Don’t know if it fits your criteria but Dr Beasley’s z1 is suppose to leave a year of protection. Don’t know about removal or working outside....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98CayenneTA
11-03-2020, 08:43 PM
Don’t know if it fits your criteria but Dr Beasley’s z1 is suppose to leave a year of protection. Don’t know about removal or working outside....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zero chance of using it in the sun

Calendyr
11-04-2020, 01:05 AM
As with all things, a lot of factors affect durability but yes, many nano-ceramic AIO claim a year in terms of durability in normal use. As a rule of thumb nano-ceramic sealants have twice the durability of polymer sealants and 4 times the durability of carnauba waxes.

The AIO I am using is a blend of polymer and carnauba wax, so I am guessing probably 4 months protection, which is not bad for an AIO. When I use it I do a turtle wax seal and shine final step. TWS&S has shown durability over a year in independent tests. I would just like to have to skip that step if I could.

If you wonder why I use an AIO instead of a one step polish if I am to use Seal and Shine afterwards:
1. D166 AIO never dusts and never dries on you while using. So as a 1 step it's a lot easier and faster to use
2. With the AIO, I don't have to degrease the panels afterwards which saves a lot of time and expensive products

The result is not as good as a one step, but the difference is marginal. Unless the paint is super hard, I can get plenty of correction from it using the right pads.

Mike Phillips
11-04-2020, 08:04 AM

Might be asking too much from a single product and a one-step process.

The Z1 is a contender but wipe-off might be a tick sticky using it outside in full sun due to the nano ceramic resin technology.

:)

noorth
11-04-2020, 05:02 PM
In my limited experience, gyeon primer worked fine outside 3 or 4 mths ago. Wasn't super hot but it was sunny. Easy to wipe off, it was white car but i couldnt see any dust. Smooth finish, water behavior about average. I'm used to crazy beading from the products i use though - polish angel.

All my reading the last few years i never seen anyone getting 12mths from an AIO though. 3 mths seems to be the high end.

Calendyr
11-04-2020, 05:42 PM
Might be asking too much from a single product and a one-step process.

The Z1 is a contender but wipe-off might be a tick sticky using it outside in full sun due to the nano ceramic resin technology.

:)

I figuered as much but technology evolves quickly so I was hoping such a product was available now.