PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic coating

Pyroman
11-01-2020, 02:21 PM
I coated my wife’s SUV yesterday with 3D ceramic coating. How long should I wait before going over it with something like a QD or BF coating booster it’s has a lot of dust on it from driving this morning? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
11-01-2020, 02:29 PM
Well, follow the mfgs directions for cure time. Most coatings seem to say stay inside for 24 hrs and no car wash for a week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Guz
11-01-2020, 02:44 PM
At this point wait until the first wash to let the coating cure over the next 5-7 days before using any chemicals on it. Then you can follow up with the product of your choice.

Desertnate
11-02-2020, 08:37 AM
At this point wait until the first wash to let the coating cure over the next 5-7 days before using any chemicals on it. Then you can follow up with the product of your choice.

I've only used 3~4 different coatings, but this seems to be the standard guidance for all of them.

Calendyr
11-04-2020, 01:20 AM
Yep, 24H no water, 7 days no wash or chemicals is the standard.

If you decide to use something on top, make sure it's ceramic based or you will loose the benefit of the ceramic coating while the other product sits on top. For example, if you use a quick wax you you loose the benefit of the coating and gain the ones from the wax (which is a lot less dirt resistant and hydrophobic). It doesn't damage the coating or anything but it's counterproductive. If you want to top the coating, use something like CarPro Reload or Gtechniq C2V3. They are designed to be used as topers and share the same properties as the coating.