PDA

View Full Version : My issue with Interior Detailers.....

CleanIT
10-29-2020, 11:40 AM
I had a bottle of 303 laying around so I used it on the interior. I've been using Meguiar's Quik Interior Detail spray but gave the 303 a shot. A bit too much shine, but not bad.

Finick
10-29-2020, 11:57 AM
I sometimes use meguiars d156. I’m not really overly picky about how my interior looks, so I can’t say whether or not it transforms the look at all.

I also couldn’t really say if it protects very much. I seldom ever have anything more than dust to deal with.

It’s good for basically every exterior surface though, so I have to imagine it provides some level of protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supercharged75
10-29-2020, 12:29 PM
Megs D156 xpress wax. Safe for interior pieces, trim, glass, leather, plastics.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CleanIT
10-29-2020, 12:32 PM
Thank you I will look for this. This is exactly what I think I'm looking for.

DUBL0WS6
10-29-2020, 11:05 PM
I wasn't impressed with Meguiars interior detailer. It just didn't seem to have any cleaning ability. I like the Surf City interior detailer better. I'm not looking for a high gloss shine though.

Coatingsarecrack
10-30-2020, 12:42 AM
I had a bottle of 303 laying around so I used it on the interior. I've been using Meguiar's Quik Interior Detail spray but gave the 303 a shot. A bit too much shine, but not bad. My issue though with products like 303 is they are water based and when you get in and out of the car during a rainy day, it washes it off quickly. There are no hydrophobic qualities to these sprays.

Does anyone think using a wax based type product, such as Griot's 3 in 1 or something similar, would be better on interior plastics? If not, Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer will continue to be my go to despite the more subdued look.

Both products you mentioned are different. Ine for maintenance, one for protection. Curious what is getting wet when opening doors? Just door panels?

For better protection on parts that get wet.... look into a interior coating. Gyeon and Carpros make interior coatings.

Not as stout but a really good product (i have a convertible and when flash rains spring up all interior can catch a sprinkle.) is Pinnacle Black Label leather & vinyl coating. Id probably recommend that for ease of use. Look for a sale as it is not cheap but well worth it

CleanIT
10-30-2020, 07:49 AM
If it's raining hard and you open the door, the inside door panel gets wet. Not a big deal but I have noticed the water based interior products (303 etc.) as expected, don't hold up to rain that well.

I really like Meg Quik Interior detail spray. OEM Matte look. The 303 looks decent too. I was considering a wax type product for water repellency.

Thanks for the suggestions on the Gyeon.

Shane731
10-30-2020, 03:25 PM
I myself am not a fan of interior dressings. I don’t care for anything shinier than a natural factory look, and I hate the application process. That said, I typically use “interior detailer” type products. My go-to at present is Griot’s Garage Interior Detailer. Smells great, leaves a nice fresh look, offers UV protection, affordable, and easily available (you can pick it up at places like Advance Auto or Auto Zone). Mother’s Speed Interior Detailer is a nice option as well. A bit more unconventional option is Optimum Opti-Clean. While it is marketed as a waterless wash, it can be used on the interior. I have used it as such before, and it is supposed to offer some protection as it contains polymers. It will not change the look of interior plastics either. Here is a review I did a number of years ago on Autopia, Autogeek’s sister site, comparing several interior detailer type products. You may find it helpful.

Chemical Guys InnerClean compared against interior quick detailer products (https://www.autopia.org/forums/detailing-product-reviews/37900-chemical-guys-innerclean-compared-interior-quick-detailer-products.html)

CleanIT
10-30-2020, 03:37 PM
Meguiar's Quik Interior detailer is like that. Leaves no shine. I prefer that too.

The Guz
10-30-2020, 03:48 PM
If it's raining hard and you open the door, the inside door panel gets wet. Not a big deal but I have noticed the water based interior products (303 etc.) as expected, don't hold up to rain that well.

I really like Meg Quik Interior detail spray. OEM Matte look. The 303 looks decent too. I was considering a wax type product for water repellency.

Thanks for the suggestions on the Gyeon.

Depending on the material you could look into Cquartz Leather Coating or Gyeon Leather Shield if you are looking for water repellency and also retaining the OEM appearance. They will give the material a richer appearance bit not give it shine. Does work good for the purpose you are concerned about.

hoyt66
11-01-2020, 05:33 AM
I never stick with one. Always wanting to try something new when I see something that sounds good. Currently using Megs Interior Detailer. Really like it too. Fresh scent, OEM finish at a good price point.
I read on here once and I am paraphrasing "use what you like. By the time the interior fails you most likely will no longer own the car"

Vegas1
11-01-2020, 05:43 AM
Another vote for Megs Quik Interior Detailer. Decent cleaning ability with the OEM finish I’m looking for.

chinee
11-01-2020, 09:23 AM
I use 303 on my car and Meg’s QID on y daughter’s Civic... both products are top notch.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201101/674c41b90f18876e113dd882e9bef6b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

UncleDavy
11-01-2020, 10:43 AM
First I like a good cleaning with diluted Simple Green or Megs D101. Then I like to finish it with 303. Afterwards I use Megs Interior Quik Detailer for maintenance or I just started using DP Detailers all in one interior detailer. I usually do a good cleaning every 3 months.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201101/0cf76ab18d93355f6a3632b84b30375c.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201101/dfd57d8db855c80cf4fff2f2b0027f4d.jpg

CleanIT
11-01-2020, 11:28 AM
Both cars above look great.

For whatever reason, I prefer the Megs Quik over the 303 in my car, which has dark gray and black. 303 is a tad too shiny. Both are excellent though.